Found a unicorn at the gun show over the weekend!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disgruntled0321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2019
    In a compound
    Now with PICS! Found a unicorn at the gun show over the weekend!

I picked up a unicorn to go with my Beretta collection! It's a 92 Elite G series! It's not the Elite 1A or the Elite 2 as I already have those models as well. I havent got pics yet but I will post them as soon as I take some. This is one of the extremely rare Berettas. I lucked out and bought this one from the original owner who is also a collector. It's in 98 to 99% and according to the older gentleman I got it from it hasn't been fired and it looks like it! Of course I'm gonna have to put a few mags through it one day soon. :rockwoot:

Attachments

• received_589631074911191.jpg
      received_589631074911191.jpg
      77.1 KB · Views: 80
    • received_538199093408682.jpg
      received_538199093408682.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 57
    • received_567617450715428.jpg
      received_567617450715428.jpg
      61.9 KB · Views: 71
    Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    On of my favorites in my Beretta 92 collection.

Unfortunately the photo was taken with a really cheap digital a long time ago, before I figured out how to get proper lighting indoors. Even though it looks like wear on the pistol, that is just a result of the poor lighting.

attachment.php

Top row - Inox 92FS Brigadier, standard 92FS Bruniton
    Bottom row - 92G Elite, standard 92FS Inox

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    GunBroker is swimming with them. Search there if you want to see a pic.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright [/FONT]

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    That's not how this works! That's not how any of this works!

YOU are supposed to post the pics!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    GunBroker is swimming with them. Search there if you want to see a pic.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright [/FONT]

Good point, but the water is filled with current production Beretta Langdon Elites, not the original special edition Brigadier Elite of approx 1999. And that is why a photo is a great idea.

Disgruntled0321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2019
    In a compound
    Heres a few pics from the camera on my phone. They really do no justice.

Attachments

• received_589631074911191.jpg
      received_589631074911191.jpg
      77.1 KB · Views: 28
    • received_538199093408682.jpg
      received_538199093408682.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 26
    • received_567617450715428.jpg
      received_567617450715428.jpg
      61.9 KB · Views: 25

Disgruntled0321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2019
    In a compound
    Good point, but the water is filled with current production Beretta Langdon Elites, not the original special edition Brigadier Elite of approx 1999. And that is why a photo is a great idea.

Exactly. Alot of Brigadiers also. All newer production models than the original 92G Brigadier Elite which is what mine is.

Disgruntled0321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2019
    In a compound
    On of my favorites in my Beretta 92 collection.

Unfortunately the photo was taken with a really cheap digital a long time ago, before I figured out how to get proper lighting indoors. Even though it looks like wear on the pistol, that is just a result of the poor lighting.

attachment.php

Top row - Inox 92FS Brigadier, standard 92FS Bruniton
    Bottom row - 92G Elite, standard 92FS Inox

I'd like to see some pics of yours if you could post them.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I'd like to see some pics of yours if you could post them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

One of these days I will pay more attention to detail and wipe the dust off before taking the picture.

Also, these were shrunk from the original photo taken as this site (and many others) cannot handle gazillion pixel photos. :D

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    After all these years it just dawned on me that those mags would not have been delivered with my pistol as the clinton stupidity was still in effect in 1999 and they should be 10 round clinton mags.

Disgruntled0321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2019
    In a compound
    Interesting, used this site to host the photos, and at least I can see them.

Also interesting, I opened this site without logging on and cannot see the photos. Grrrrrrr.

Could it be because I'm using my phone to access the site? I'm using tap talk also if that matters. You could pm them to me if you dont care. Maybe I could see them that way. I've been collecting Berettas for several years now and always like to see what others who collect them have in their collections. Are you able to see the pics of mine that I posted?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Tried my phone and yep, no pictures showing.

Your pictures show up fine, but I am using my desktop mainly because it is easier to type to, but now finding that pictures are more likely to show.

PM inbound with photo attached. Will be interesting to see it you see the photo in the PM but guessing to see them you might need a desk or laptop. Most likely the way the website host works, not optimized for the modern pocket computer.

Disgruntled0321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2019
    In a compound
    Tried my phone and yep, no pictures showing.

Your pictures show up fine, but I am using my desktop mainly because it is easier to type to, but now finding that pictures are more likely to show.

PM inbound with photo attached. Will be interesting to see it you see the photo in the PM but guessing to see them you might need a desk or laptop. Most likely the way the website host works, not optimized for the modern pocket computer.

It must be a phone thing. I'll have to log on from my computer tomorrow sometime so I can see those. I tried to pm you back but I'm still a few posts shy of the 50 post count needed to send a PM. Once I get there I'll pm you about a few things that I had questions about if you dont mind. I've been collecting Berettas for several years now. I'm currently waiting on the 92X series I ordered to get to my FFL so I can pick it up and head to the range so I can see how it compares to my M9A3 i got for my birthday this year from my wife and her mom as well as the Wilson Combat/Beretta and my LTT Elite model that I've acquired earlier in the year that I've been carrying for a while now.

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    No problem sending PM when you can. More than happy to discuss Berettas. Been a fan of the 92 series for about 20 years now. There was a thread about the original 92 (no letter) that I describe some of the many variations of the first gen 92. Beretta was well known for taking left over parts at the end of an assembly line and coming out with a "special edition".

I started cataloging the different variations of the 92 and gave up when they partnered with Wilson and Langdon. Before that I counted well over 100 variations not counting Italy/USA and slanted vs straight dust cover.

Got a 92X Performance on order myself! Can't wait for that beauty to show up.

Disgruntled0321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2019
    In a compound
    No problem sending PM when you can. More than happy to discuss Berettas. Been a fan of the 92 series for about 20 years now. There was a thread about the original 92 (no letter) that I describe some of the many variations of the first gen 92. Beretta was well known for taking left over parts at the end of an assembly line and coming out with a "special edition".

I started cataloging the different variations of the 92 and gave up when they partnered with Wilson and Langdon. Before that I counted well over 100 variations not counting Italy/USA and slanted vs straight dust cover.

Got a 92X Performance on order myself! Can't wait for that beauty to show up.

I also ordered the 92X Performance. I opted for the Nistan finish on the one I have on order just to have something that is different. I'm looking forward to seeing how the finish will look and hold up. I though about getting the compact to carry but after seeing the Performance with the Nistan finish I decided against the other models. I will probably have to get either the 92X full size or the compact version also later on.

Top Bottom