• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    I know it's not the coolest, latest and greatest but I picked up a new Gen 5 26 a few days ago. I've had a Sig P365 for a year or so and just never felt comfortable with it. I had a G43 before the P365 and liked it better than the Sig but wanted more rounds. I qualified with the G26 this morning and it felt great, shot great, and conceals very well. The other nice perk is that the G26 will accept mags from my G17 duty gun. Sometimes sticking with what feels good is best I suppose and for me it's this G26. Before anyone mentions it, for some reason I can't post pictures on this site so I'll tell you that the G26 looks like a Glock 26 and the targets were black with a bunch of holes in the middle.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Nothing uncool about a G26. I have always shot those Baby Glocks pretty well. They are like cute chubby girls, all the things a guy with any sense wants but go unnoticed and under appreciated. Over the years I have kept both my Walther PPS Classic (currently on my hip) and Glock 26 around. Honestly don’t see where the Glock 43 or Sig 365 do anything different enough to drop $$$ buying one.....yet :):

BLindzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    Mishawaka
    I carried my 19 for many years and loved it. Still do! I shot my friends G26 and could not hit crap. Even with that I bought a 26 and added a +2 mag extension and now hit great! I have grown to love it almost as much as my 19.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    The arthritis in my hands and fingers made it hard to keep a grip shooting the G43 and the P365. With each round fired the gun moved up in my hand. I already had a G17 so I traded the P365 for the 26 and shoot the 26 better. All are fine pistols but the double stack grip just works better for me. I carry one 17 round magazine as a spare.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have a 19 and 43 currently. Have not shot a 26 yet. Would love to shoot one and would probably trade the 43 for one.

43 shoots and carries great but I find it hard to hang onto even with the extended mag it came with.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Glock 26 was my first handgun purchase. I’ve carried several other Glocks and a few other makes and models, but I always go back to the 26. I have to admit,it is my favorite firearm of all guns. It’s like my Chewbacca. Not pretty, not fancy, but always at my side!
    I shoot it damn-well too.
    I have a p365 and shoot it very well, but the 26 feels like it’s at home in my hand. Also, after carrying the p365, I have a new appreciation for all the rounded edges of Glocks. Others may have fancy and slick milling, but there is a subtle class in the fact my Glocks never have hard edges that dig at my side.
    Glock 26 is under appreciated, but for me, sets the bar for all others.

Also, the p365, if you compare the magazines, are almost identical in size. SIG didn’t have a magical design of the mag, they just built a smaller pistol. It’s a great gun too, in my opinion, but G26 is its Daddy.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I loved my Glock 26 that I bought from a member here for a great price ($400 at the time was a "never-seen" used price at the time), and it shot well for me like a larger gun, but the 365 shot sooo much better. I have range pics here somewhere showing that.
    I also had the 42 (back when I still used .380s) and the 43.
    One of them shot better for me than the other, but I don't even remember which.
    The 26 would shoot low for me unless I really concentrated on keeping my hand high on the grip.
    An RO (also a member here) at Point Blank in Greenwood taught me that & I immediately improved my shooting, and was literally astounded.
    Just another example that I don't even know what I don't know.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Your Gen 5 G-26 is the newest version, the finger grooves are gone giving it a different grip. I have been carrying a Gen 2.5 Glock-27 .40 since the mid 90,s, nothing wrong with a baby Glock.
    Yes many find a substitute to everything but...you have 10/12/15/17/33 rd mags and a 50 rd drum you COULD use at times.
    Good quality JHP makes it a great choice, you carry a 17/26 combo like I carry the 22/27.
    Good choice.

Top Bottom