• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The latest little "fun gun" added to my collection. H&R .32 Autoloader.

WVvJtR6.jpg

mrr09On.jpg

zIv5Hav.jpg

FkuQFjo.jpg

MXnjaDD.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks Leadeye! It's got one of the oddest magazine releases that I've ever seen. There's a button (not a latch) on the bottom of the grip, near the heel. You push it, and you can take out the mag, but pushing it also causes a second button on the back of the grip near the heel to pop out. At that point you can pull the mag out. When you re-insert the mag, it locks in, but the rear button stays out. Pushing it in seems to "really" lock the mag in. Probably just a little extra insurance to make sure the mag doesn't come out inadvertently.

The button:
    vUbr4fS.jpg

The rear button (before pushing the bottom button - it's flush with the rear of the grip):
    S9A5Suo.jpg

View of the rear button after pushing the bottom button:
    GITU9z6.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I bought 2 yugo m70 32's from classic for 169 and 149 before tax, ship and transfer fee. Great little 32's.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Cool. Looks be be in nice shape too.

Since you’ve brought up your softness for 32’s, have you seen these? I’m on their email list. I thought about buying one but I really need to hold up on my caliber proliferation. :)

https://www.classicfirearms.com/beretta-mod-81-pistol-surplus-used-good-very-good/

Somehow I missed this post yesterday, but yes, I actually got one from them and it's very nice! Looks like a brand new pistol. I had a Beretta 92S (like the regular 92, but with the bottom (heel) mag release. I never did warm up to that gun and sold it shortly afterward. Didn't like the trigger, and couldn't shoot it worth a darn, but I really like the 81. Like the sights and trigger better than the 92.

4AmKxci.jpg

Fx2ZSVw.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Classic had some. For $30ish each. I really need to post a pic of my S&W Md 1913. Officially chambered in .35 s&w but effectively. 32 acp.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do you guys handload 32? I just got a 1903 Colt and I'm debating it.

I don't yet, but if I keep accumulating them like I have been, I might start. I've been finding 50 round boxes in the $12-ish range, so that's not too bad. And it's not like I'm putting thousands of rounds through them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I uploaded two pics to my album. Can't seem to post them here from my tablet. One is a group shot with friends from Belgium abd Connecticut, secind is a right side shot showing the odd front grip safety. Forgotten Weapons did an excellent episode on this model. Cool thing, I paused the video and the sample he uses has a serial number less than 100 from mine.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I cast and hand load for my 32s, 231 is the go-to powder for this cartridge. 1903s are particularly robust guns and you can produce some better than factory performance with them. The OSS used the 1903 with 100 grain bullets and heavy loads during WW2.

Top Bottom