• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Do all Gen 5 Glocks, specifically the G19, have the semi-circular cut out in the mag well?

I thought I'd read somewhere that they did away with that and later produced models did away with that "feature".

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Capture.jpg

https://us.glock.com/en

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Also the gen5 MOS version doesn't have that half moon cutout

just FYI if you pick a MOS version the slot for the rear sight is farther back. So my will put most aftermarket sights hanging off the back of the slide 1/8" Dawson Precision offers an MOS version. Have a set in my Gen 5 34 MOS

So if that's a concern for an OCD issue you might want to look at the non MOS without the cutout.

Good Luck

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My G19 has it. I thought i would hate it when I first got it, but it hasn’t bothered me honestly, and it’s a nice addition that I’ll probably never need, but have in case I do. Have you shot one with the cut out yet? I was wary it would bother my grip or pinch me, but haven’t even noticed it when shooting.

justacog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Brownstown
    Also the gen5 MOS version doesn't have that half moon cutout

I have the G34 gen5 MOS and it does have the cutout. The Glock Gen5 models designated FS (Front Serration) do not have the cutout. My understanding was that they removed the cutout in the mid-gen FS variant as a nod to the volume of customers who complained about it.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I personally don't care about front serrations. Some are aesthetically pleasing, sure, but to ME they're essentially useless.

Anyhow - I've gleaned that, aparrently, there are indeed Gen 5 G19 models that don't have the cut-out.

If I ever luck unto a used G19 - I'd rather not have the cut-out. And I don't want the MOS version. Because if I get a G19, I'll have it milled vs. the MOS system.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think I'd like to try out the G19 Gen5 FS MOS. Maybe time to upgrade to Gen5???

I'm really liking mine so far, i've been getting used to the RMR.

I picked up a G45, now I must have the serrations on all of my EDC guns. :rolleyes:

I wanted the MOS version of the G45, but that's not what became available. I've been thinking a Gen5 FS MOS G19 would make all of my EDC guns the newest version and I could swap the MOS slide between the G19 and G45 to see which better suited me with the RDS?

If that worked, I could then sell off my holster worn Gen4 G19 to Tactically Fat for his slide milling project. Win, win, win! :yesway:

Top Bottom