• wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    :popcorn:

Interested in what gets listed.

Yeah me too. Refrigerator went out about 2 months ago, replaced it, somehow it did not make it until we received our Bonus for 2019. My wife has been telling me for years its ok to spend on a nice 1911. I have never done it though so this year is the year and i am going to actually spend some of it on a 1911.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In his budget as much as I hate to say this look at a Springer. Rugars are OK and all but the funds he lists will put him in a better piece. I am still pi$$ed off at Springer.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    :popcorn:

Interested in what gets listed.

It will be.
    Looking around I found:
    -Colts are stainless, or half stainless for some model.
    -Might be able to find a black DW Bruin for close to $1600, but that’s not blued either but a matte black.
    -Doesn’t look like Kimber offers anything that’s blued.
    -Ruger has the Night Watchman SR1911, but that’s matte black.
    -Sig has a couple, but external extractors. Not sure they are standard blue either though, but the matte finishes.
    -Springfield might have some with the matte finish as well.

None of these are really blued, they look more like parkerized.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah me too. Refrigerator went out about 2 months ago, replaced it, somehow it did not make it until we received our Bonus for 2019. My wife has been telling me for years its ok to spend on a nice 1911. I have never done it though so this year is the year and i am going to actually spend some of it on a 1911.

Sweet.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I knew of CM's experience with Springfield and so I didn't even consider it but if you have that amount of money to spend they are really nice guns assuming you get a good one.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Question.....does it have to be a 10mm...???

Well I have one in 45 acp, honestly its my favorite its an early version Ruger lightweight Cmd style, it has the front strap groves, i know its not the best out there, cast frame and all, but it has been flawless since day one and I average about 400 rounds a month through it. I also have a Wiley Clapp 9mm commander. I have heard that the 10 mm are major fun.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    i am really not a stainless fan, so flat black or Gloss black would even consider like olive Green, just prefer non stainless.

That opens up more options. If you are set on 10mm, I’d be hunting to see if you can find a Dan Wesson Bruin in your budget. I’ve seen them close.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A 10mm 1911 is a serious shooter. Having owned several I have come to really like that caliber in that gun.
    That said the Standard Manf Co. makes a blued 1911 that rivals or exceeds ant Dan Wesson in the same price range. The fit and finish are top shelf and mine is a shooter. I am not real excited about the sights but they work fine. They could also bee changed.
    I do not have any pics that do the gun justice.
    I also have the High polished Nickel offering that is just amazing and shoots as well.
    Thing is they are .45 ACP.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A 10mm 1911 is a serious shooter. Having owned several I have come to really like that caliber in that gun.
    That said the Standard Manf Co. makes a blued 1911 that rivals or exceeds ant Dan Wesson in the same price range. The fit and finish are top shelf and mine is a shooter. I am not real excited about the sights but they work fine. They could also bee changed.
    I do not have any pics that do the gun justice.
    I also have the High polished Nickel offering that is just amazing and shoots as well.
    Thing is they are .45 ACP.

:postpics:

Top Bottom