Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 543
  1. #181
    Cannon Whisperer T-DOGG's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Chuck Norris once visited the Virgin Islands. They are now just known as the Islands.

  2. #182
    Grandmaster MindfulMan's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    Chuck Norris once visited the Virgin Islands. They are now just known as the Islands.
    True story !


  3. #183
    aka: Vinny rkwhyte2's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Morning all

    I see that some of the night crew are still around.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well....uh.......I got nothing man.
    The Constitution: It doesn’t need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
    INGO # 23,621

  4. #184
    NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    What is sleep?

    Yeah, that's how I normally am, but today I feel pretty good.

  5. #185
    NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    My commute is also nice this week. Just down to the third floor of my hotel...

  6. #186
    Mickey Mantle Trigger Time's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by rkwhyte2 View Post
    Morning all

    I see that some of the night crew are still around.
    Always lurking
    NRA Patron Life Member
    ​NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

  7. #187
    Grandmaster Leadeye's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    I have been wondering for a while, but never asked.

    What is the cost for the accessories compared to the gun for time period accurate representation.

    Ex.) Bisley $100
    Stag grips $50
    Holster. $45
    Holding a piece of history $priceless
    Origional Colt Bisley $1K -$4K
    Period stag grips $200-$600
    Period Holster $50-$850

    Everything is in the scarcity and condition. You can throw a provenance in there as well. Last week I was bidding on an 1878 that belonged to a Oklahoma territory marshal in the 1890s, would have worked for Judge Parker. The gun was in bad shape needing repairs just to shoot, but sold for nearly $3K. Probably $2500 of that was provenance.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

    Marvin the Martian

  8. #188
    Master Usmccookie's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Origional Colt Bisley $1K -$4K
    Period stag grips $200-$600
    Period Holster $50-$850

    Everything is in the scarcity and condition. You can throw a provenance in there as well. Last week I was bidding on an 1878 that belonged to a Oklahoma territory marshal in the 1890s, would have worked for Judge Parker. The gun was in bad shape needing repairs just to shoot, but sold for nearly $3K. Probably $2500 of that was provenance.
    Just way too cool. It sounds very involved with history. The same history were learning about in school or watching on tv is in your very hands.

  9. #189
    Master Benp's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Morning all!

  10. #190
    Grandmaster Leadeye's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    Just way too cool. It sounds very involved with history. The same history were learning about in school or watching on tv is in your very hands.
    Which is exactly why I like it.

    Like my Bisley with the Heiser holster from BH Dyas, a store located on the corner of Hollywood and Vine, you wonder who the first buyer was. This place was a high class sporting goods store in the teens and 20s, famous actors of the time and other Hollywood types shopped there and Heiser was the high end of leather work in this country. The Dyas building is still there at that famous location, it's now condos for the rich and famous. Sometimes there are clues you can dig up, but most of the time the guns and accessories are silent about their past.

    Last edited by Leadeye; 2 Days Ago at 12:14.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

    Marvin the Martian

Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge