• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    MSRP of 2800.00, no thanks. At 1800.00 maybe for the nostalgia but there are better shooters out there now. There's no reason a sheet metal gun that they have made for 50 years should be 2800.00, it'll sit on shelves like the SP5K did/does.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    For those looking for a real H&K host gun, maybe not all that bad of a price.

I do wonder if it's a clipped & pinned / shelf lower housing. It doesn't look like it has a real push pin at the front.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    How about a US made HK 94 with 16" Barrel for say 1,400! (And I know there are clones but I'd like to see an actual HK with pre 1989 pricing or at least normal inflation)

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    How about a US made HK 94 with 16" Barrel for say 1,400! (And I know there are clones but I'd like to see an actual HK with pre 1989 pricing or at least normal inflation)

I'd like to buy gold at $411 a ounce too but thats not going to happen either. For American HK lovers this is a steal. Drop a binary in it and off to the races without a stamp.

I'm suprised KJQ hasnt got one yet..or 2

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'll admit...if I had that kind of money available, I'd be in line to buy one.

Ha, don't get me wrong if I had an income that put 2800.00 to what say 1K is to me right now i'd buy one. I still think HK may be overestimating the potential demand at that price point. If they came in and undercut MKE and PTR for an actual HK product they probably couldn't make them fast enough.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Ha, don't get me wrong if I had an income that put 2800.00 to what say 1K is to me right now i'd buy one. I still think HK may be overestimating the potential demand at that price point. If they came in and undercut MKE and PTR for an actual HK product they probably couldn't make them fast enough.

MAC (or guncollective) was saying the the actual price would be closer to 2100 which puts in only a couple Hundo above ptr

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    At the the price MAC is expecting I can see myself buying one. The clones are expensive enough that I would rather pay a premium for the real deal.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'd like to buy gold at $411 a ounce too but thats not going to happen either. For American HK lovers this is a steal. Drop a binary in it and off to the races without a stamp.

I'm suprised KJQ hasnt got one yet..or 2
    I'm in line. :shady:

For the people that think the price is out of line, how about a little perspective.

A real HK94 will run about $5K on average.

A German MP5 parts kit is about $1500, plus a receiver, plus build cost. Figure about $3500, unless you can do it yourself.

A clone will be anywhere from about $1500-$3500, depending on the type and the builder.

MSRP on this is $2799. As of right now, there are 3 on GunBroker. 2 are already north of $3K, with about 5 days left to go. Retail will probably be around $2400, when they settle down. Not a bad deal to get a REAL HK.

If youve always wanted an all German HK, this is great news. If you want a cheap 9mm carbine, this isn't it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    MAC (or guncollective) was saying the the actual price would be closer to 2100 which puts in only a couple Hundo above ptr

I saw that video you're talking about I think. I might be getting some prices mixed up but I'm thinking I'd seen a PTR listed for ~$1700 or so. At $2100, that's still $400 difference. It does close the gap significantly but that's still $400. Of course, this is assuming the prices for the other clone-likes are fixed. It could help drive the prices of them even lower...competition is a great thing. :)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I will get one before next Nov.
    The thing with HK, is you never know how long they will export them to the U.S.
    I would love to own one, never bought any of the clones.

I will wait until summer and see where the prices are.

Top Bottom