• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I'll keep it short; I'm pleasantly surprised. Tight lockup, solid fit'n'finish. Picked it up today, drove directly to the range and put 200 rounds through it without giving it a proper scrub down and lube. 100 rounds of steel cased Tula, 100 rounds of aluminum cased Federal, using factory mags, and not a single hiccup. Which surprised me. I've had broke-in CZ's choke on steel before. However, I did manage to shoot the left grip panel loose. Groups were the size of a quarter at 7 yards, as long as I did my part. By the end the action had already began to smooth out. I think it'll be a helluva shooter this upcoming season.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I had a TRP years ago and it shoot every bit as good if not better then my Ed Brown Kobra Carry. Enjoy here. I almost ordered one in 10mm but trying to get away from 1911’s for carry.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the TRP. Sounds like you got a very good one.

I’ve actually been moving back to 1911s for carry lately. I’m not going to unload my Glocks or CZs but I do like having a 1911 on the hip each day.

SpydieSig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 26, 2019
    Lafayette
    Ive had a few TRPs in the past. Loved each and every one of them. But they never stuck, always got sold. I cant put my finger on why (maybe the big billboard etching). Maybe I need another... or more likely get a Sig Select. I like the rail with all of the billboarding. No billboard I like the look of the DW Valor better.

Congrats on that new TRP. They really are great shooters.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ive had a few TRPs in the past. Loved each and every one of them. But they never stuck, always got sold. I cant put my finger on why (maybe the big billboard etching). Maybe I need another... or more likely get a Sig Select. I like the rail with all of the billboarding. No billboard I like the look of the DW Valor better.

Congrats on that new TRP. They really are great shooters.

As to the bill hboards. Easy fix as I hate that rap as well.

AllenM will remove them for you...

This is a SA loaded.
    Rqk8Hjk.jpg

TRP.....
    Krd8Dk7.jpg

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I'll keep it short; I'm pleasantly surprised. Tight lockup, solid fit'n'finish. Picked it up today, drove directly to the range and put 200 rounds through it without giving it a proper scrub down and lube. 100 rounds of steel cased Tula, 100 rounds of aluminum cased Federal, using factory mags, and not a single hiccup. Which surprised me. I've had broke-in CZ's choke on steel before. However, I did manage to shoot the left grip panel loose. Groups were the size of a quarter at 7 yards, as long as I did my part. By the end the action had already began to smooth out. I think it'll be a helluva shooter this upcoming season.

You want it as smooth as a babies butt, let old CM have it a day! I love my 1911. CM told me they were accurate, but man....ringing metal at 40 yards with my eyes, sold me!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just buy one used. Springfield doesn't make anything off of the deal. Then erase the billboard and you remove any free advertisement for them... ;)

This. Seriously.

I am still upside down PO'd at SA for more than just the political crap they pulled. I will never ever buy another new gun from them or made by them.

Used...…...have at it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you want a SA, buy one. New or used doesn't really matter. But from an economic standpoint, supporting the resale market also helps the marketability of new ones. If the resale market collapsed, how many people would buy a new one at current prices. Like I said in another post. SA has apologized and tried to make amends. I can't ask for much more.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    This. Seriously.

I am still upside down PO'd at SA for more than just the political crap they pulled. I will never ever buy another new gun from them or made by them.

Used...…...have at it.

just curious.. looking down on any SA political stunts how y’all feel about what Bill Ruger done for our cause?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    just curious.. looking down on any SA political stunts how y’all feel about what Bill Ruger done for our cause?
    and this is why, if SA has repented, move on. Someone always likes to bring up something like a comment that someone may have made before half the people on this board were born and wave it around. I am sure we can get a detailed account but I believe we are all supposed to still be boycotting, Colt, S&W, Ruger, I am sure the list goes on.

Top Bottom