• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 57schwada

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2019
    Hanover
    Okay.... I admit - I bought a Diamondback 380. Go ahead and laugh....... Yes, not very reliable. I contacted DB and they said that since I''m the second owner, I gotta ship and pay to have it fixed. Yeah, Don't care to.

So, was thinking about trading it in on a QUALITY SMALL .380. Perhaps a Kahr CW. Looking for QUALITY,RELIABILITY and SMALL. Mainly wanting someting light while I run/bike. Recommendations???

Thanks in advance!

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Kahr’s are great guns. New ones have a couple hundred round break in but after that they’re good to do. Only thing I don’t like about them is the triggers but I’ve been shooting glocks for a long long time. If it were me I would go for an LCP II.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Some of them can be problematic. Even with factory help, they just don't run correct.

They are usually fine pistols otherwise.

57schwada

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2019
    Hanover
    Thanks guys - I do like the LCP II, however when I run, I sweat like a stuck pig - then things start rusting. Would prefer stainless steel.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I looked at all the options and decided on the Kahr 380, will admit it took a few hundred rounds but now runs smooth as silk! First 100 were awful every few rounds FTE and still will have about three out of every hundred but shoots hollow points perfect. And the trigger in my opinion is better then any out there once you get used to it!psyko

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    CW380 is the most unreliable gun I ever owned. Never once fired a full magazine without failure.

Buy an LCP or LCPII. I don't understand the urge to buy a known jam-o-matic to carry and defend your life with.

JSJamboree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2013
    Avon
    I picked up a Kahr CW380 for my first pocket carry gun, didn't do much research and got a good deal on it. Took it out to the range to practice and hated every bit of it. I never had jamming issues but the trigger is just awful. I sold it and picked up a LCPII and I couldn't be happier, the LCPII is a dream to carry and shoot (for a pocket 380).

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Coming from someone who really doesn't like Glocks at all, I can tell you that I do own one. A Glock 42. IMO, it is the best small .380 polymer frame pistol on the market. The little noisy cricket .380s like the LCP, Taurus TCP and similar sized offerings don't hold a candle to the Glock for shootability. And Kahr? I've owned several, never had a 100% reliable one. Wouldn't own another one.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    The 42 isn’t comparable to an LCP or similar sized guns IMO, much bigger. The original LCP was garbage but the II is a very shootable gun in my opinion. Ergonomics are better and the trigger is 1000x better.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I've got a problem free CW380 that I've had a few years. Probably 400 rounds or so with no issues. I feel a lot of the issues you read about are user induced. About the only time I carry it is when I absolutely can't print.

The trigger these guys don't like is like a very smooth double action revolver. I have no issue with the trigger but I started out with revolvers 45 plus years ago.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    The only one listed that I have experience with is the G42, my brother has one. From what I've shot it it seems nice.
    I liked the size, but wanted something with a little more punch so I picked up the G43. With an IWB holster it disappears. I know you said for running and cycling, but I'd look into one of these.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    The 42 isn’t comparable to an LCP or similar sized guns IMO, much bigger. The original LCP was garbage but the II is a very shootable gun in my opinion. Ergonomics are better and the trigger is 1000x better.

Agree - I own a G42 and LCP II and the profile of the G42 is more similar to my Sig P365 9mm. The LCP II despite its smaller size still has the same capacity as the G42.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I’d say lcp2. My Kahrs were picky with ammo, thus I didn’t want to really rely on them for self defense.

This is if you want the smallest form factor for something like pocket carry. If you’re just looking for a great 380, and you could deal with a slightly larger gun for say IWB, then you can’t beat the Glock 42. I loved that gun. Replace it with a 43X.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Go Glock. My Kahr CW was garbage. Failed to go bang. Their customer service blew me off blaming the ammo. Funny how none of my other guns have problems.

Looking for a tinker project go ahead. Looking for a gun you may need one day there are much better options.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    All micro 380s kinda suck to shoot. The lcp/lcp2 are probably the most reliable, and they are plenty cheap.

The Glock 42 handles and shoots great compared to the others, but size wise it's really closer to the 9mm weight class.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Don't have a opinion on the CW380, but I've had a CT380 for a couple of years, great gun and never had a issue with it.
    Had a Glock 42 right after they came out, it was a jam-o-madic.

Top Bottom