Just got this notification from my LGS.

6xjK9bQ.png

[video=youtube_share;xdb7OuZqGWM]http://youtu.be/xdb7OuZqGWM[/video]

380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    I just saw an email on this. I would love to see a comparison between this, Ruger Security 9 compact & the P365 compact. I like the extra capacity of the Sec9 & P365, but the EZ has a lot of nice features too.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Got several emails on this today. May have to upgrade the wife's 380 ex shield to the 9mm version. She absolutely loves the 380 version

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They took a play from Glock's business model. Introduce 380 first, sell a bunch, then introduce 9mm and get a bunch of upgrade business as well as those that held out for the inevitable 9mm.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    The grip safety is the exact thing that my wife likes enough for her to carry concealed on the .380 version. She has a messed up left arm due to a shark attack. The easily racked slide, manual safety, grip safety and trigger ease are sellers in her book.

While I am not in the market for another 9, well...you never know what might follow me home at that price point!

jek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    It claims crisp light trigger, S&W shields sent known for their triggers. The one I have isn't great either. Even good really. Does the EZ line actually have a nice trigger? Or is it mostly a sales gimmick?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Think my wife's 380 ez shield breaks at right around 3.5# Very nice trigger in my opinion.

These are geared towards people with weak hands, weather it be because of arthritis, just older, or some form of disability
    They definitely serve that purpose and do it very well

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It claims crisp light trigger, S&W shields sent known for their triggers. The one I have isn't great either. Even good really. Does the EZ line actually have a nice trigger? Or is it mostly a sales gimmick?

The EZ models are actually hammer fired, not striker fired. I've tried the 380 at my LGS. It's a good trigger. I'd assume the 9 would follow suit.

jek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Think my wife's 380 ez shield breaks at right around 3.5# Very nice trigger in my opinion.

These are geared towards people with weak hands, weather it be because of arthritis, just older, or some form of disability
    They definitely serve that purpose and do it very well

That just sounds like a better gun in general? What's the disadvantage that I'm missing? Even a 3.5 lb trigger is safe enough untill you use it as a hammer. Something you'd only hopefully have to do once you're out of ammo anyway.

I didn't realize they were hammer fired. I assume it's an internal hammer?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yes it's an internal hammer. Besides the grip safety you can get it with or without an external safety as well.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Seems like a 9 would give up all the advantages of the EZ in .380: racking, recoil and loading

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Seems like a 9 would give up all the advantages of the EZ in .380: racking, recoil and loading

Not sure why it would "give up" the advantages of the 380 version. Its designed to be specifically that, easy to rack, easy to load, and reduced recoil.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    How easy are these ez'? My dad is 77 and my mother is 75 slides are to hard for them to handle. I bought mom a 38 snub that she loves and dad has basically given up on his 45 1911. Would they be able to rack the slide on these?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    How easy are these ez'? My dad is 77 and my mother is 75 slides are to hard for them to handle. I bought mom a 38 snub that she loves and dad has basically given up on his 45 1911. Would they be able to rack the slide on these?

I would recommend maybe letting them try the slide if possible at a local gun shop. That being said, they are extremely easy to rack, but that is me. My wife struggled to rack the slide on my standard 9mm shield but can easily do the ez shield. She can even rack it using just 2 fingers in a pinching motion.

The mags are easier to load as well as the have a button on the side that you can use to slide the spring down as you load them. They even make a tool to help with this that slides over the mag and aids in pushing down if needed.

If you were close I'd be more than happy to let them try it out for themselves.

I can't imagine the 9mm version being much more stout to rack, if any, than the 380

S&W, in my opinion, hit a homerun with this design for those that need it

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

They truly are EZ. See if you can find one to try out.

My wife has a 5" 1911 in 9mm that she thought was as easy as it gets to rack. The EZ is.....easier according to her. This is just from trying them out in the LGS. According to the video in the first post, the 9mm is harder than the 380, but still easy compared to some other 9's.

One of our ranges has the 380 in the rental case.

Top Bottom