• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Looking into buying a budget (under 300 new) 9mm gun. It will not be an edc, mostly just a cheaper range gun and if it proves reliable might get some concealed carry time occasionally. I'm currently looking at a g2c, a g3 and a bersa bp9cc. I have tried an ec9s and did not like how small it felt. There is currently a g2c in the house already but it is the woman's. It has been reliable through 700ish rounds. The trigger is not smooth but it works. I have held a g3 and bp9cc but have not shot either. Any input from people who own one of these or another that would fit in this category would be appreciated. Thankyou:ingo:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've shot my sisters G2C it done well with everything fired in it. I bought one put over 500rds through it steel case Russian, brass case federal, aluminum case federal. XTP 124gr reloads on the +p side. It ran fine. So I bought an Mec-Gar 18 round magazine for Sig Sauer P226 9mm it fits right in and I picked up a mag sleeve to fit on it worked and looked great. 18+1 G2c.

My buddy seen it fell in love and bought it off me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Taurus-PT111-G2-G2C-Magazine-Sleeve-Mag-Grip-/153117493048

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Walther creed

A far superior pistol you would pay $500+ for a trigger as smooth as the creed. It’s ultra reliable and it’s from a top tier manufacturer not a 2nd tier like most in the price range.
    They are about $250.00

One option is a police trade in you can get a nice reliable pistol for the price of a crappy one.

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/police-tradein-guns-c-132.html

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Walther creed

A far superior pistol you would pay $500+ for a trigger as smooth as the creed. It’s ultra reliable and it’s from a top tier manufacturer not a 2nd tier like most in the price range.
    They are about $250.00

A option is a police trade in you can get a nice reliable pistol for the price of a crappy one.

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/police-tradein-guns-c-132.html

Just found this thanks for the heads up.
    https://www.cdnnsports.com/walther-creed-9mm.html#.XfSzNbdOnqs

Looks like it's new for $249

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    You should take a look at the Canik TP9sf. Shoot Point Blank has them for under $300. They are pretty incredible guns at the price point. One of the "better" triggers I've felt at that price point. Glock 17 sized gun, so more at home at range than conceal carry.

Taurus G3 is a solid offering at a similar price, but I would take the TP9sf all day.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Since you're not going to get anything stellar for under $300 new, why not spend that money on ammo and shoot your edc more? Nothing wrong with shooting handguns as recreation but as I get older I find myself shooting my 3 rotating edc guns pretty much exclusively.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Since you're not going to get anything stellar for under $300 new, why not spend that money on ammo and shoot your edc more? Nothing wrong with shooting handguns as recreation but as I get older I find myself shooting my 3 rotating edc guns pretty much exclusively.

^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But we all like to get something new to us on occasion.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I like buying cheap guns and pushing them to see how far they will go before a failure. I'm actually surprised to find that a lot of cheap guns actually performed well. It's cheap fun IMO and when you are done with it you can off load it pretty easy.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I will definitely look into a canik and a security 9. Thankyou all for the input. As far as why I dont just buy ammo for my edc, I agree that would be a logical option, but I'm not short on 357 or 38 just really wanting a 9mm semi auto again. I love my gp100 and have no plans to replace it, just to add another option.

Top Bottom