• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I am a avid hiker and bike rider....my primary is my Ruger LC9s or my Shield 9mm 1.0. This Shield 380 EZ feels very good and top quality ammo sounds like a great deal...what do you think?

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Why have two guns that take different mags and different ammo? I don't see the point. Maybe you could elaborate. Do you think the gun will fail, get lost, taken? Not sure what the criteria are.

Maybe a similar, but smaller version of your primary. Same ammo, smaller gun takes same mags. That would be my line of thinking. Or just a couple extra mags for the one gun.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Didn't give enough info.... I'm almost 70...I can hike and bike all day...my hands and wrists are quite painful a lot. I handled the EZ 9mm and 380 too...a big difference...the 380 seems like a lot easier to load,shoot and carry...anyone have or try the 380 EZ?

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Didn't give enough info.... I'm almost 70...I can hike and bike all day...my hands and wrists are quite painful a lot. I handled the EZ 9mm and 380 too...a big difference...the 380 seems like a lot easier to load,shoot and carry...anyone have or try the 380 EZ?

That's a nice combination. Never shot the EZ but 380 is fairly mild to shoot.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'd love to shoot the Shield EZ models back to back.

The .380 seems like a definite solution. Then again, the new 9mm version does, too. As long as it doesn't punish more upon recoil.

Being easier to rack the slide generally means it's not sprung as stiffly - which generally means a more harsh felt recoil.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    I own the EZ380 S&W. It is mild shooting, good grip, even grip safety is ok. Also own an LCP 380. Both are carried as a BUG, and the EZ380 is a IWB vs a pocket carry. My EDC is a G19-3, and with a full mag isnt tough to pack.
    Couple of friend ask about caliber difference... it's a tool you know. Doesn't really bother me. I usually carry a spare Glock mag, but not too often with the Ruger LCP, or EZ380. I like to keep my target practice at 21ft or less, for common sense defense distance. I can hit the targets farther, but would I really engage at that distance? The 380ACP covers my distance easily, 9mm no problem too.Good luck in your choice. I like them.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I'd love to shoot the Shield EZ models back to back.

The .380 seems like a definite solution. Then again, the new 9mm version does, too. As long as it doesn't punish more upon recoil.

Being easier to rack the slide generally means it's not sprung as stiffly - which generally means a more harsh felt recoil.

Holding both at Cabelas the 380 is much lighter.....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Federal and Hornaday both make reduced recoil 9mm defense loads. I'd certainly try those and others before switching hardware.

Another possible non hardware changing solution?...

[video=youtube;IW-XE6Mtg9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW-XE6Mtg9U[/video]

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    Was helping a friends wife work on her shooting with her LC9. It had a heavy trigger that was difficult for her to manage. We borrowed a S&W 380EZ and her shooting vastly improved. The slide was easier for her to manipulate and the trigger was night and day different/better. In her case, it made all the difference and made her more comfortable and confident.
    Her groupings went from just being on the silhouette somewhere to being all in the 9 ring at 10yrds on a B-27.

My experiences with it anyway.

Stay safe

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Was helping a friends wife work on her shooting with her LC9. It had a heavy trigger that was difficult for her to manage. We borrowed a S&W 380EZ and her shooting vastly improved. The slide was easier for her to manipulate and the trigger was night and day different/better. In her case, it made all the difference and made her more comfortable and confident.
    Her groupings went from just being on the silhouette somewhere to being all in the 9 ring at 10yrds on a B-27.

My experiences with it anyway.

Stay safe

That's what I 'll I buy....soon as I sell something for cash...thanks

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom