• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Single stacks are fantastic for carrying IWB more comfortably than a double stack. That's one of the few benefits I can see. I carry OWB and either have a jacket or shirt that covers the gun, which barely prints any more then carrying IWB would and is more comfortable. That allows me to not worry about having to use a single stack gun, or a subcompact. I carry a compact size double stack comfortably that way. The only time I carry a tiny single stack gun is when I have to deep conceal. Thankfully I rarely have to do that.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    The new micro carry guns are really easy to conceal, but one of my friends that carrys the Sig P365, advised me that it does get uncomfortable to shoot after awhile.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I am thinking about carrying a knife, lol. I am in so many instances where I can't carry a gun throughout the day that I hardly carry anymore. At least with a knife and some training I may be able to survive a close encounter...as long as they don't have a gun!:)

That's at least partially humor but I find myself back to carrying my Shield more than my Compact Smith just so I can hide it better. I only carry OWB and though there is not much difference, in my mind it seems like the Compact prints quite a bit more.

Overthinking?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I am thinking about carrying a knife, lol. I am in so many instances where I can't carry a gun throughout the day that I hardly carry anymore. At least with a knife and some training I may be able to survive a close encounter...as long as they don't have a gun!:)

That's at least partially humor but I find myself back to carrying my Shield more than my Compact Smith just so I can hide it better. I only carry OWB and though there is not much difference, in my mind it seems like the Compact prints quite a bit more.

Overthinking?

Maybe, but only you can determine what is best and most comfortable for you. To me, I'm much more confident handling a double stack compact sized gun, than a smaller, thinner gun, which is why I prefer to carry my P10c rather than something smaller.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Maybe, but only you can determine what is best and most comfortable for you. To me, I'm much more confident handling a double stack compact sized gun, than a smaller, thinner gun, which is why I prefer to carry my P10c rather than something smaller.

Well, you are the person responsible for me buying a 4" barreled pistol.:): You are my mentor.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Single stack polymer pistols !

A shield or something similar can be carried while jogging or wearing gym attire anything smaller is just a backup. The only single stack accepted while wearing normal man clothes is of course a 1911 or P220 or any other powerful pistol of like size.

So to recap unless you wear silky 1970’s running shorts and a half top as daily attire one should carry a firearm capable of actually being used to defend yourself and others. 9mm/.38 is the minimum caliber anything smaller is a back up or last resort weapon only pimps and poor drug dealers carry small pistols.

Carrying a firearm isn’t about how comfortable it is or how lightweight and easy to carry a pistol might be it’s about protection. The need to carry something the size of a Raven .25 is silly nobody is going to pat you down to see if you are carrying. Nobody is “checking you out” to see if you have a hog leg on you.

BLUF
    Carry enough gun!
    Don't bring a tack hammer to the fight when you need a sledgehammer!

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The single stack mini pistols are a step up from the revolvers they replace. They are great for deep cover or a BUG.

Like the revolver, it wouldn't take much of the possible modern day threat to leave you outgunned with the little guns. A threat or two with full capacity handguns, let alone long guns could quickly leave you wanting for more.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    For those that think a knife and training may be the answer I would add this for thought. A cane can be carried where a knife is not allowed, even in aircraft. Training is available too. As I age a cane does not get a second glance. I prefer a 1911 in .45 ACP, but often settle for a P938 in 9 mm.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Single stacks are fantastic for carrying IWB more comfortably than a double stack. That's one of the few benefits I can see. I carry OWB and either have a jacket or shirt that covers the gun, which barely prints any more then carrying IWB would and is more comfortable. That allows me to not worry about having to use a single stack gun, or a subcompact. I carry a compact size double stack comfortably that way. The only time I carry a tiny single stack gun is when I have to deep conceal. Thankfully I rarely have to do that.

As much as I like the idea of the single stack carry gun, I can’t find a need personally. If I’m going anywhere that I cannot adequately conceal a P07 or G23, then I carry a Sig P938. There’s really not much of an in-between for me.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    As much as I like the idea of the single stack carry gun, I can’t find a need personally. If I’m going anywhere that I cannot adequately conceal a P07 or G23, then I carry a Sig P938. There’s really not much of an in-between for me.

Similar for me. I've had to deep conceal twice in the last 5 - 6 years and used my LCP II. Any other time I've carried, my P10c has worked fine. Heck, for a little over a year I carried a full size P226 Legion SAO and it concealed well enough that I just don't see the need for a single stack more than very rarely. When I forced myself to carry IWB, carrying my Shield was great, but since going OWB I haven't felt the need to compromise outside of those rare instances. To those who like the single stacks, more power to you. They just don't fit my needs.

Top Bottom