• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am impressed with the .380 version. Have not tried the 9mm. Interestingly enough we have been selling both in about equal numbers. The .380 being noticeably lighter weight and we know low recoil. I hope to shoot the 9mm sometime soon to compare.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Bought the wife the EZ Shield 380 over a year ago. She absolutely loves it. She had issues with racking the slide on most of my firearms. She could do it but it was difficult for her. This thing can be racked with 2 fingers. Low recoil. Easy to load mags. Accurate and reliable as well. Over the course of 500 rounds we have not a single issue. Flat points, round nose, and hollow points it eats them all

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    I own and shoot the EZ 380acp. Yes, easy rack up, light recoil, so far dependable.(500 rounds only). It is an IWB pistol, and use a nylon/cordura rig for a regular Shield.(I have a 40cal, no issues).
    Met a guy who didn't like the hand grip safety, but am a former 1911 guy, so it doesn't bother me. Decent gun.
    My Wifey shot it too. It was a dream for her to rack it, fire it, reload was a skate. 8 rounds not her issue at all. She is talking about keeping it nightstand ready vs my former Service Revolver!(M10 S&W, 4in bbl). I miss my M10, was a first buy. NO,not selling!!! The 9mm is prolly a little stout, but frame is easy to hold.
    Good luck!

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I've fired the .380 version two or three times. Everything about this firearm is easy to operate, including take down for cleaning! It's also a tack driver!

I fondled the 9mm version yesterday and it's a bit heavier and the slide isn't near as easy to rack as the .380. I'm sure it's sprung heavier for the 9mm recoil.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Got to shoot the 9mm Friday at our range. Little more recoil as expected but not bad. And as stated above the slide is a little harder to work. Does have a dove tailed front sight which the 380 doesn't.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I don't own either but I've shot both and I like them. Easier slide manipulation and mag loading as well as decent triggers. 9 is a little snappy but that's to be expected. I think they are great pistols for what they are designed for but I'm not a fan of the bass ackwards grip safety. I know it's designed to force new shooters to get high on the gun but if I were going to use one or try to train people with one I would find a way to decrease the spring pressure on the grip safety or pin it. The guns are completely safe without it AS LONG AS you keep your finger where it needs to be until you are ready to fire.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men don't train or shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” Coach[/FONT]

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For those who have shot the 9ez, how is the recoil? I have seen sort of snappy mentioned in several reviews. I would expect that out of a gun with such a light recoil spring. How does the 9ez feel compare to say a regular Shield or something like a Sig 938?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    For those who have shot the 9ez, how is the recoil? I have seen sort of snappy mentioned in several reviews. I would expect that out of a gun with such a light recoil spring. How does the 9ez feel compare to say a regular Shield or something like a Sig 938?

Didn't have my Shield 2.0 there with me to do a good comparison but I would say the 9EZ is pretty close. I only ran one mag of 8 through the EZ since our customer was nice enough to let me shoot it with his ammo which was 115 FMJ I believe. All depends on ammo used too I would think.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Bought the wife the EZ Shield 380 over a year ago. She absolutely loves it. She had issues with racking the slide on most of my firearms. She could do it but it was difficult for her. This thing can be racked with 2 fingers. Low recoil. Easy to load mags. Accurate and reliable as well. Over the course of 500 rounds we have not a single issue. Flat points, round nose, and hollow points it eats them all

Exactly what I want to hear...I'm almost 70 and still hike and bike and my hands hurt a lot......what you said is a new gun for me and if the 9 EZ comes out as good I'll try both

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Exactly what I want to hear...I'm almost 70 and still hike and bike and my hands hurt a lot......what you said is a new gun for me and if the 9 EZ comes out as good I'll try both

I could let ya try the wife's 380EZ out if you would like. I'm a member of the Glen Park Izaak Walton and could meet ya there on a weekend or something to let you give it a go

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I could let ya try the wife's 380EZ out if you would like. I'm a member of the Glen Park Izaak Walton and could meet ya there on a weekend or something to let you give it a go

I'm an IKE member too. I think you can go to any of them if you are a member.
    What a great deal and place to go plink.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I also bought the 380EZ for my wife. She hasnt shot it yet, but i tested some reloads yesterday and it was a nice shooter. Very easy to load, rack, and very little recoil.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil

I wouldn't call the 9ez snappy. a little more than the 380ez? Yes but snappy not quite there. It shot as well as the 380 with minimal increase in muzzle rise (I think calling it flup is over exaggeration)

My Wife is very intereated in it. She liked the 380 but I'm sure then9 will be fine too.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    As I'm sure you are aware ,"recoil" is subjective. What I feel may not be the same as what you feel.. For me it's less than a performance center Shield (ported) or a standard shield. Less than a 43X or 48, 365 or Hellcat. A little more than a full size M&P, Compact 2.0, Glock 17 or 19. 1 Just my personal opinions. I always suggest shooting a pistol before purchase. For a 9mm on the "smallish" size the recoil is very manageable.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” …... Coach

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I own both, and I have two brothers who also own both. The 9 is a bit bigger, and about 6oz heavier. There is a noticeable difference between the two on recoil, but the 9 mm bullet I practice with is 20 grains heavier so that's to be expected. Racking the slide on the 9 is more effort than the 380, but noticeably less than most other 9's. My one brother used to call me about 2-3 times a week saying 'Have I ever told you how much I love my 380EZ?' - now he calls me about 2-3 times a week saying 'Have I ever told you how much I love my 9EZ?'. The two of us have been carrying the 380EZ's, but will be switching to the 9EZ's as soon as they get a couple hundred rounds through them. At 70+ years old, I especially like the EZ load magazines - no need what-so-ever for an UPLULA on these.

Top Bottom