• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • michelob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I got an M&P Shield 9 2.0 for Christmas. I took it out to the farm today to test it out. The first magazine went well, very accurate, until the 8th round. That round was a light strike. So, I reloaded the mag and got three more light strikes. I decided to switch from Federal ammo to Winchester. Every round was a light strike (I tried three). I then tried defensive ammo, and same thing. 8 out of 20 chambered rounds were light strikes. I know this had been an issue with the Shield 1.0s. It was a disappointing experience.

On the good side, I finally got to shoot my CZ P10C. Man, that was everything I'd hoped it would be. Amazing pistol!
    20191228_160109.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Mr. beer, I haven't had any with mine so far. I imagine your's will straighten out. If not contact S&W. I have had two Shields now and I would stake my life on either one.

On another note, I have a really nice leather OWB holster that will fit that P10C. Let me know if you are interested!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Have you cleaned out the striker channel?

I had this problem with a Sig P365, though it really only showed itself with one ammo type, and much less frequently than the OP stated. I cleaned the striker channel and it did not recur, so it is definitely worth trying, but I would not pin all my hopes on it. Did not have any such issue with the Shield 2.0 that I have though.

So worth trying, but may well not be the issue.

Top Bottom