What if AR pistol braces become forbidden???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Please Ignore

Apparently my question has caused the complete breakdown of the constitution and the 2nd amendment. I therefore withdraw in hopes that someone can restore our country from my inadvertent destruction.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Then might as well put on a regular stock at that point, huh?

There's no sense playing the ATF's game, they'll just find a way to reclassify everything you own to make you a felon, live like an American instead of a subject.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    With all due respect, I say STFU.

Until there is a known threat, let's not give the antis something to look for. The antis don't know the minor details in the differences in "black rifles". Let's not wave any flags, eh?

The first rule of fight club...

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

Until there is a known threat, let's not give the antis something to look for. The antis don't know the minor details in the differences in "black rifles". Let's not wave any flags, eh?

Pistol brace bans are written into all of the new assault weapons bans. Oppose everything

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana

I agree. :yesway:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Then might as well put on a regular stock at that point, huh?

There's no sense playing the ATF's game, they'll just find a way to reclassify everything you own to make you a felon, live like an American instead of a subject.

Let me know when it's time. I ran outside with everyone after the last little bite but they were just putting something in the trash.

Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Technically shouldering the pistol is still prohibited, so the law that would prohibit the pistol being used as a rifle is in effect. Plus, bump stocks rendered it almost automatic... I say that all to say the odds of that happening is low... not an issue people want to tackle. Should stay in place hopefully as shouldering is still technically prohibited to my knowledge.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

Please forgive the inadvertent destruction I personally caused in our firearms rights.

I did not realize the power I wield with the written word.

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Technically shouldering the pistol is still prohibited, so the law that would prohibit the pistol being used as a rifle is in effect. Plus, bump stocks rendered it almost automatic... I say that all to say the odds of that happening is low... not an issue people want to tackle. Should stay in place hopefully as shouldering is still technically prohibited to my knowledge.

Incidental shoulder contact is ok. Shooting from a cheek weld with a shoulder touching is ok. They wrote a letter a year or so ago clearing shouldering from being felonious behavior.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Since you have nothing to contribute...With all due respect, I say STFU! See what I did there? I'm sure you enjoyed that.

If you think the anti's are waiting at their keyboards for my next post on INGO....you are delusional. They already have this stuff in their legislation, so little old me is not their ultimate source for all things to be banned.

If you really believe what you wrote, then you should be demanding that this entire forum be closed down. After all, look at all the new and old posts chock full of information that the anti's could use.

I am sure Michael Bloomberg is using the INGO search function right now looking for his next item to ban. Good thing our search function stinks....maybe that will be the only thing that saves the 2nd amendment from such traitors as all those on INGO who post information about guns.

They are referring to the countless times that people have written the atf begging for clarification on something people are already doing without getting in trouble. A lot of times these letters begging for permission leads to a ruling against whatever was written. Generally speaking letters should only go to legislators and they should be vague but to the point. "if you support any new gun legislation you will lose my vote". Save the conversation for town halls.

AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Without the brace, it's just ridiculous to get a line of sight. With the brace, it's difficult. I'm not seeing some type of unfair advantage to go after. :twocents:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure if it comes down to ar's, something useful and accurate, people will cling to them like their first born. That will be ugly.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Without the brace, it's just ridiculous to get a line of sight. With the brace, it's difficult. I'm not seeing some type of unfair advantage to go after. :twocents:

No offense, but frankly, you are doing it wrong, or shoot like a 10YO girl. :stickpoke: :):

I shoot mine fine. My daughter tried on saturday but couldnt find the dot in the microdot sight. (then gave up because its too heavy.)

But dont get too butthurt over my friendly jab. She WAS ringing 8x10 steel plates from 150 yards with her craptastic factory Ruger sights on her 10/22. :):

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    No offense, but frankly, you are doing it wrong, or shoot like a 10YO girl. :stickpoke: :):

I shoot mine fine. My daughter tried on saturday but couldnt find the dot in the microdot sight. (then gave up because its too heavy.)

But dont get too butthurt over my friendly jab. She WAS ringing 8x10 steel plates from 150 yards with her craptastic factory Ruger sights on her 10/22. :):

It's the second one. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom