• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    What a great little kit gun, and 10 round capacity to boot. I love little .22s and can see getting one of these. May wait to see if they offer a threaded barrel first.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Do we really need a reason why? Just because should be good enough. Would this fill any other that a plinker? Nope. But I bet it would be fun.

Yeah. The sights suck. My F-I-L has a .380 II. The sights suck.

But I'll bet Ruger sells a metric :poop: ton of these. And that's really all that matters to manufacturer. I'm following Leadeye on this..... ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MONEY!

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I didn't figure Hop would be too generous to an idea like that. Still, I find his contributions to TFB to be entertaining. My finance carries an LCP II a lot but not exclusively. The sights are lacking, true enough but it's a "get off me" gun. If I take my time I can ring a 30 yard plate with it.

I wonder how many takes it took Plinkster22 to hit that 100 yard plate? I'd love to have an ammo sponsor and that much trigger time.

Even with one in the stable, I'm not too interested in one. I'd rather have something like a TX22 for cheap practice and fundamentals. My Ruger MKI is getting a bit long in the teeth

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Not a bad idea for the "purse gun for granny" genre, or as a pocket close range squirrel dispatcher. Like it or not, there's still a big market for people who want tiny guns but refuse to shoot real calibers out of them. Granny having this gun with quality ammunition is better than no gun.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I just purchased the LCPII in 380, the .22 would make a good practice pistol to save a bit on the ammo costs yet get to practice the grip, sight picture, etc. of the 380. I chose it as my deep conceal carry because it is the smallest lightest pistol I could find in a caliber I believe will stop someone. One might load the .22 to only 6+1 rounds to simulate the actual capacity of the carry gun. There are many better .22 pistols out there, but having a .22 pistol or kit that allows you to shoot your chosen CCW more often and cheaper seems logical. I also have a .22 kit for my Sig 229 and it works great. Same grip angle, same trigger, same sight picture, good practice. I do practice with 9mm a lot too. It is also a good idea to ease someone into a carry gun who is just starting out. Once they get comfortable with the .22 and shoot without flinching due to muzzle blast and recoil, then you know they have the fundamentals down. I would not carry a .22 for self defense, but I would practice with it.

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Carried an LCP for about 10 years now, maybe longer. I think this would be a very fun plinker. .22 lr isn't my first choice for a carry round, but I imagine it would suit someone well that can't handle recoil very well.

Being a Ruger, I don't see this one having issues feeding or jaming in .22 lr.

Yet to own a Ruger 22 pistol or rifle alike that doesn't chew up anything I put through it.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Looks like a fun little pistol, probably won't get one but kudos to Ruger for continuing the innovations. (I'm waiting for the next generation Wrangler colors and configurations)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'll get one when they hit the stores.
    No brainer. Inexpensive gun.
    I love .22lr, have no issues with Ruger, it's cute as hell, and it'll fit in the rear pocket of the Wranglers.
    I have a half dozen Rugers and no problems other than my breaking the tang on my Ruger American and Ruger picked it up, fixed it, and had it back to me in exactly one week.

Top Bottom