• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Has anyone shot the 2.0 subcompact that was released last year? The 12 round double stack model that replaces the original 9C, comparable to the G26?

Interested in hearing how you like it before adding to my collection. Seems like a nice EDC that can use the grip sleeve and 15 round mag for a nicer compact range gun.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    There is not a subcompact 2.0, if you are talking about the compact 2.0 it is a great carry handgun and right now can he found for a great price. I may be getting one myself.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

This is interesting and slipped under my radar as I was also not aware they had released a 2.0 version of the sub compact. Had this released closer to when I generally switched over to the 2.0 for my compact needs, I may have seriously checked out the subcompact as well. As it is, I'm pretty entrenched in the P365 for that role. Would have been nice to have had the option of the 2.0 Subcompact that shared mags with my compact 2.0's as well as holsters.

As stated above, I'm a fan of the 2.0 compact, so, I would think that if this offering fit your needs for size, it would be a great addition. I really like the 2.0 frame texture as well as the improved (over the 1.0 series) triggers, etc. Not sure what these actually go for on the street, but the 2.0 compact was going for some great prices when it released (I picked up a few of them).

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I've owned just about every flavor of the M&P family several times over, and you can rest assured that the new M&P 2.0 sub-compact will be joining the stable soon.

I actually let all of my Shields go, due to the fact that I just prefer the grip dimensions of a double-stack handgun. I think that the M&P 2.0 sub-compact is just what the doctor ordered!

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    After spending some serious time shooting them side by side with my g19 and g26 I am going to get the sub compact 2.0 for carry. Smokey mountain guns has them for 399.99 in stock. I have ordered guns from them with great success. Same place as Smokey Mountain Knives.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    After spending some serious time shooting them side by side with my g19 and g26 I am going to get the sub compact 2.0 for carry. Smokey mountain guns has them for 399.99 in stock. I have ordered guns from them with great success. Same place as Smokey Mountain Knives.

Cool, will be interested in hearing your impressions once you shoot it.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    So, size wise does this fit between the Compact and Shield?
    It is a smaller version of the compact. Think of the G26 in relation to the G19. I prefer the subcompact to the shield during winter because I can shoot a fatter gripped pistol better. I tend to look to the thinner single stack during summer when I have a harder time concealing. The subcompact is a short gripped double stack.

Dmac22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2020
    COLUMBUS
    Honestly, if it follows suit with their new compact it will be a home fun as well. I was really impressed with the compact. I used to own the older 9c as well and felt the new generation is a solid step up. I would say you could buy in confidence.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Picked one up a week ago. Replaced my Walther PPS within 500 rounds. As far as I can tell only difference between the sub compact and the compact is the grip length and 12 vs 15 round mags. The sub can use the 15 and 17 round mags. I have shot all three mags with 100% percent reliability so far.

I had Tim's order mine and its was in shop within a couple days and a lower price than referenced above.

jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    I picked one yesterday, that I also had Tim’s order. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. Overall I like they way it feels in my hand. I had a P365 but it was simply to small for my hands.
    Which holsters have those of you that have purchased the subcompact gotten. It does not appear that many of the manufacturers are currently making a holster for this model. I’m wondering if the 3.6” holsters will work.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I found an Alien Gear OWB that I had for a CZ 2075 RAMI fit this pistol perfectly. I'll be ordering a Tier 1 IWB for it soon.

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    Model: M&P®9 SHIELD M2.0™
    Caliber: 9mm
    Capacity: 7+1, 8+1
    Barrel Length: 3.1” (7.9 cm)
    Overall Length: 6.1"
    Front Sight: Steel - White Dot
    Rear Sight: Steel - White Two-Dot
    Action: Striker Fire
    Grip: Polymer
    Weight: 18.3 oz / 518.8g

[FONT=&amp]Model: M&P®9 M2.0™ SUBCOMPACT No Thumb safety
    Caliber: 9mm
    Capacity: 12+1
    Barrel Length: 3.6" / 9.1 cm
    Overall Length: 6.6"
    Front Sight: Steel - White Dot
    Rear Sight: Steel - White Two Dot
    Action: Striker Fire

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Grip: Polymer
    Weight: 25.0 oz / 708.7g

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So, size wise does this fit between the Compact and Shield?

This video is from 2012 and compares the Shield with the Compact. This is before the 2.0 versions were released, but the models are the same with regards to weight/dimensions. In 2012, the "compact" M&P 9c was not referred to as a subcompact, since the new 15 round "compact" 2.0 did not exist yet. With the 2.0 upgrades to the M&P line, S&W now has the full size, compact and "new" subcompact (really just the old 9c compact with 2.0 trim upgrades).

[video=youtube;hERsGIcxQMY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hERsGIcxQMY[/video]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This video is from 2012 and compares the Shield with the Compact. This is before the 2.0 versions were released, but the models are the same with regards to weight/dimensions. In 2012, the "compact" M&P 9c was not referred to as a subcompact, since the new 15 round "compact" 2.0 did not exist yet. With the 2.0 upgrades to the M&P line, S&W now has the full size, compact and "new" subcompact (really just the old 9c compact with 2.0 trim upgrades).

[video=youtube;hERsGIcxQMY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hERsGIcxQMY[/video]

Thanks! Good video. Since I already have a Shield and a 2.0 Compact, I am good at this point. I have already re-purchased the Shield (had a 1.0, sold it but realized I really liked it so I bought a 2.0) so I will keep it.

I will carry the Shield until I get comfortable carrying the 2.0 Compact and stick with those two. And my 442.:)

Top Bottom