• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Always wanted to shoot a large Glock and finally got my chance.
    I was very pleased with how it shot.
    I can see from the various range distances and free hand vs on a rest that I am the X factor if it is shooting left or low on any particular target.
    I'm going to really enjoy it!

This pic doesn't show the largest grip with the beavertail that I put on it for my shooting pleasure.
    AaxZxrb.jpg

1st time shooting a Glock 17
    20', 30' & 45', some on a rest & some free hand.
    oEFCy0g.jpg

2nd time same day shooting the Glock 17
    15' free hand & 30' on a rest.
    rlvCliR.jpg

3rd time shooting Glock 17 same day
    All free hand at 15', 20' & 30'
    qwT57Wn.jpg

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Hits on paper...that's always a good thing!
    How did you like the Gen 4 grip?
    I have smaller hands and the Gen 1-3 grip was just a tad uncomfortable for me size-wise, but the Gen 4 grip, without either adapter is just perfect!
    Shooting a new pistol always takes a few sessions to really get the 'feel' of it...but it'll come!
    Congrats on the new toy...and Happy New Year!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Don't discount the possibility that you are becoming a better shot:@ya: and it's obvious that it fits your hand pretty well. You're getting more trigger time and groups are improving.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Looks like this one fits you well. It sometimes takes a while to warm up to a new platform but this one seems to be working well for you from the start.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hits on paper...that's always a good thing!
    How did you like the Gen 4 grip?

I put the largest grip with the beavertail on it since I like a big grip, but maybe I should experiment with the original stock to see how it works.
    I have used smaller grips that shot well for me, like on the SW MP Compact & Ruger SR9 & even my little Sig 938 that I love so much.

I have smaller hands and the Gen 1-3 grip was just a tad uncomfortable for me size-wise, but the Gen 4 grip, without either adapter is just perfect!
    Shooting a new pistol always takes a few sessions to really get the 'feel' of it...but it'll come!

I am totally delighted in it after the 1st target.
    I can't believe I'm enjoying the Glock so much after having 8 or 9 CZs (still have the Shadow 2: the ultimate gun :)).

Congrats on the new toy...and Happy New Year!

It is fun to have another 9 mm as a range toy, that I don't have too much money in: I traded for it.

Don't discount the possibility that you are becoming a better shot:@ya: and it's obvious that it fits your hand pretty well. You're getting more trigger time and groups are improving.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

I haven't shot much 9mm of late, been concentrating on .22LR rifles & pistols, especially rifles.
    I'm hoping that I'll get even better since this gun seems to shoot well for me.
    I even got a red fiber optic to replace my original green one on my beloved Dan Wesson 8" barrel 54 oz revolver, so I can SEE! :laugh:

Looks like this one fits you well. It sometimes takes a while to warm up to a new platform but this one seems to be working well for you from the start.

I was encouraged by my 1st time out with it. :thumbsup:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I know how quickly you sometimes rotate some items in your large your collection, so let me get first dibs on it "IF" you ever decide to put it back into circulation (HA)!
    Now that our Range has temporarily closed, where are you shooting it at?
    It is a whole week since I saw that it is now closed awaiting set up at the new address, and I am having withdrawal symptoms.
    My SIL gave me a $50 POINT BLANK gift card, but I don't actually know where they are located, (Google can help there). I think the closest one to me is in Westfield.
    Enjoy your new pistol, as a Glockaholic, I shoot the ones I have regularly.
    Funny a member here hooked me up with some nice 9mm FMJ and JHP, now that I have it all sorted out and re-boxed, I need to find a place to go shoot it.

P.S. OK I see on Google, Carmel is closest to me, I will have to go check them out.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I know how quickly you sometimes rotate some items in your large your collection, so let me get first dibs on it "IF" you ever decide to put it back into circulation (HA)!
    Who me? What? Sell? Never! :rofl:
    I didn't know what to expect with the Glock 17 Gen 4, but since I usually have smaller guns, I am really enjoying a real man-sized duty gun.
    I might surprise myself & keep it longer than normal: it's happened before.
    Unless I find something to replace it with, I plan to let it be my 1 other alternative "range" gun.
    I only have 6 guns that I have an emotional attachment, and I've only had 3 of them over a year.

I was at Point Blank in Greenwood.

It is a whole week since I saw that it is now closed awaiting set up at the new address, and I am having withdrawal symptoms.

I didn't know that! I just called to confirm it.
    They said it would be 4-5 months before the range was set up.
    I pay for the year in April, and they will extend the memberships by however time the range is closed: that's fair.

My SIL gave me a $50 POINT BLANK gift card, but I don't actually know where they are located, (Google can help there). I think the closest one to me is in Westfield.

I was a member up in Carmel & then at Greenwood when I moved.
    Since the other place was 9 minutes instead of 25 minutes from my house and cost $13/mo. instead of $30/mo., I started going to Point Blank & got their $20/mo. membership.

Funny a member here hooked me up with some nice 9mm FMJ and JHP, now that I have it all sorted out and re-boxed, I need to find a place to go shoot it.

I am buying 750 range rounds of 9mm myself today from a member, plus some self-defense loads, even though I don't plan to CC the Glock 17, but the price is right, & I always like having the option of a larger CC than what I usually use, plus the Glock would make a fine house gun.

P.S. OK I see on Google, Carmel is closest to me, I will have to go check them out.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Are you finally over your it has to have a thumb safety thing?

For pocket carry or ankle carry I want either a revolver or a semi automatic with a safety.

For the range, I don’t have to, but it a preference.
    if I’m going to carry a gun without a safety IWB/OWB if I have the proper holster that covers the trigger guard, I could live with that also.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

What range closed down?

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Glad to hear you enjoyed the Glock 17 .

The G17 was one of three I was considering for my first double stack Glock. Also the G34 and G19. All were available in the MOS version which I wanted and after handling all 3 I decided to go with a Glock 34 Gen 5 MOS. Picked it up in Nov. The G34 with Vortex Venom is an accurate combination. The grip is big for me but manageable. I may shoot it at Camp Perry this summer in the Glock match.
    View attachment 82956

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    What range closed down?

Indy Gun Bunker moved from Washington/Post to around Washington/Franklin.
    They had kept the old building's range open for the past couple of months or so even though they have moved everything else are are conducting business in the new location,
    but apparently closed the old building's range this week.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    For pocket carry or ankle carry I want either a revolver or a semi automatic with a safety.

For the range, I don’t have to, but it a preference.
    if I’m going to carry a gun without a safety IWB/OWB if I have the proper holster that covers the trigger guard, I could live with that also.

Don't all "proper" holsters cover access to the trigger?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I will wait till next month, and try to hit POINT BLANK in Carmel, I guess from what I have read they have an LE/MIL day on Thursdays, so I will try and go until the Bunker opens back up.
    Good luck with the 17 and new ammo, a member just squared me away too, so I have my 2020 allotment of ammo, but no where as convenient as before to go.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I will wait till next month, and try to hit POINT BLANK in Carmel, I guess from what I have read they have an LE/MIL day on Thursdays, so I will try and go until the Bunker opens back up.
    Good luck with the 17 and new ammo, a member just squared me away too, so I have my 2020 allotment of ammo, but no where as convenient as before to go.

What does "they have an LE/MIL day on Thursdays" mean?

If you think the Gen4 is awesome try a Gen5, as close to perfection as I have ever shot for a plastic pistol.

Quite an endorsement!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Indy Gun Bunker moved from Washington/Post to around Washington/Franklin.
    They had kept the old building's range open for the past couple of months or so even though they have moved everything else are are conducting business in the new location,
    but apparently closed the old building's range this week.

Washington and Post...Pop Guns?

Top Bottom