Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Picked up a Glock 17 Gen 4 Range pics

Always wanted to shoot a large Glock and finally got my chance.
    I was very pleased with how it shot.
    I can see from the various range distances and free hand vs on a rest that I am the X factor if it is shooting left or low on any particular target.
    I'm going to really enjoy it!

This pic doesn't show the largest grip with the beavertail that I put on it for my shooting pleasure.

1st time shooting a Glock 17
    20', 30' & 45', some on a rest & some free hand.

2nd time same day shooting the Glock 17
    15' free hand & 30' on a rest.

3rd time shooting Glock 17 same day
    All free hand at 15', 20' & 30'
    Last edited by doddg; 2 Weeks Ago at 22:30.

User Info Menu

Hits on paper...that's always a good thing!
    How did you like the Gen 4 grip?
    I have smaller hands and the Gen 1-3 grip was just a tad uncomfortable for me size-wise, but the Gen 4 grip, without either adapter is just perfect!
    Shooting a new pistol always takes a few sessions to really get the 'feel' of it...but it'll come!
    Congrats on the new toy...and Happy New Year!
    Stupid should hurt!!! ~ Amishman44

User Info Menu

Don't discount the possibility that you are becoming a better shot and it's obvious that it fits your hand pretty well. You're getting more trigger time and groups are improving.

NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach
    What you regret most are the things not said and chances not taken

User Info Menu

Looks like this one fits you well. It sometimes takes a while to warm up to a new platform but this one seems to be working well for you from the start.
    ‘88 (aka ‘88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amishman44 View Post
    Hits on paper...that's always a good thing!
    How did you like the Gen 4 grip?

I put the largest grip with the beavertail on it since I like a big grip, but maybe I should experiment with the original stock to see how it works.
    I have used smaller grips that shot well for me, like on the SW MP Compact & Ruger SR9 & even my little Sig 938 that I love so much.

I have smaller hands and the Gen 1-3 grip was just a tad uncomfortable for me size-wise, but the Gen 4 grip, without either adapter is just perfect!
    Shooting a new pistol always takes a few sessions to really get the 'feel' of it...but it'll come!

I am totally delighted in it after the 1st target.
    I can't believe I'm enjoying the Glock so much after having 8 or 9 CZs (still have the Shadow 2: the ultimate gun ).

Congrats on the new toy...and Happy New Year!
    It is fun to have another 9 mm as a range toy, that I don't have too much money in: I traded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by NHT3 View Post
    Don't discount the possibility that you are becoming a better shot and it's obvious that it fits your hand pretty well. You're getting more trigger time and groups are improving.
    NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO
    "Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach
    I haven't shot much 9mm of late, been concentrating on .22LR rifles & pistols, especially rifles.
    I'm hoping that I'll get even better since this gun seems to shoot well for me.
    I even got a red fiber optic to replace my original green one on my beloved Dan Wesson 8" barrel 54 oz revolver, so I can SEE!

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    Looks like this one fits you well. It sometimes takes a while to warm up to a new platform but this one seems to be working well for you from the start.
    I was encouraged by my 1st time out with it.

User Info Menu

I know how quickly you sometimes rotate some items in your large your collection, so let me get first dibs on it "IF" you ever decide to put it back into circulation (HA)!
    Now that our Range has temporarily closed, where are you shooting it at?
    It is a whole week since I saw that it is now closed awaiting set up at the new address, and I am having withdrawal symptoms.
    My SIL gave me a $50 POINT BLANK gift card, but I don't actually know where they are located, (Google can help there). I think the closest one to me is in Westfield.
    Enjoy your new pistol, as a Glockaholic, I shoot the ones I have regularly.
    Funny a member here hooked me up with some nice 9mm FMJ and JHP, now that I have it all sorted out and re-boxed, I need to find a place to go shoot it.

P.S. OK I see on Google, Carmel is closest to me, I will have to go check them out.
    Last edited by STEEL CORE; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:22.

Expert

User Info Menu

I need to get into PB soon and get some rounds down range myself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL CORE View Post
    I know how quickly you sometimes rotate some items in your large your collection, so let me get first dibs on it "IF" you ever decide to put it back into circulation (HA)!
    Who me? What? Sell? Never!
    I didn't know what to expect with the Glock 17 Gen 4, but since I usually have smaller guns, I am really enjoying a real man-sized duty gun.
    I might surprise myself & keep it longer than normal: it's happened before.
    Unless I find something to replace it with, I plan to let it be my 1 other alternative "range" gun.
    I only have 6 guns that I have an emotional attachment, and I've only had 3 of them over a year.

Now that our Range has temporarily closed, where are you shooting it at?

I was at Point Blank in Greenwood.

It is a whole week since I saw that it is now closed awaiting set up at the new address, and I am having withdrawal symptoms.

I didn't know that! I just called to confirm it.
    They said it would be 4-5 months before the range was set up.
    I pay for the year in April, and they will extend the memberships by however time the range is closed: that's fair.

My SIL gave me a $50 POINT BLANK gift card, but I don't actually know where they are located, (Google can help there). I think the closest one to me is in Westfield.

I was a member up in Carmel & then at Greenwood when I moved.
    Since the other place was 9 minutes instead of 25 minutes from my house and cost $13/mo. instead of $30/mo., I started going to Point Blank & got their $20/mo. membership.

Enjoy your new pistol, as a Glockaholic, I shoot the ones I have regularly.
    Funny a member here hooked me up with some nice 9mm FMJ and JHP, now that I have it all sorted out and re-boxed, I need to find a place to go shoot it.

I am buying 750 range rounds of 9mm myself today from a member, plus some self-defense loads, even though I don't plan to CC the Glock 17, but the price is right, & I always like having the option of a larger CC than what I usually use, plus the Glock would make a fine house gun.

P.S. OK I see on Google, Carmel is closest to me, I will have to go check them out.

User Info Menu

Are you finally over your it has to have a thumb safety thing?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drillsgt View Post
    Are you finally over your it has to have a thumb safety thing?
    For pocket carry or ankle carry I want either a revolver or a semi automatic with a safety.

For the range, I don’t have to, but it a preference.
    if I’m going to carry a gun without a safety IWB/OWB if I have the proper holster that covers the trigger guard, I could live with that also.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast