• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I just had a chance to put a few rounds through a Sig 320 X5 Legion and WOW what a sweet shooter, I been looking for a very soft shooting 9mm due to wrist injuries and tried a lot of different platforms. Mainly was looking for an all metal gun to minimize recoil but honestly the majority didn't feel good in my hand and not a big fan of DA/SA, also don't like safeties in a defensive handgun. The Sig fits the bill for me perfectly and I can shoot it very well and it's one of the softest shooting handguns I ever tried and I shoot a lot of different guns over the years, I'm impressed with the X5 overall and I would like to own one in the very near future

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I have one and really like it. If you want it as a carry gun it might have some challenge as the weight (even though we carried heavy guns off duty back in in the day)

They are great shooters and I always say the accuracy reminds me if a PPC revolver from back in the day

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I don’t carry mine, I shoot it in competition, and it shoots great! In fact I’ve put more rounds through it 4 months I’ve owned it, than I’ve put through my 226 legion and I’ve had it for over 2 years!

i think sig really hit it out of the park with the 320 legion, and if they make a p365 legion I’d probably buy one of them too!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    In the American Handgunner rag March / April 2020 edition, it outshot the 320 Legion. Good enough to get my vote.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    No love for the p365 XL? It looks very close to a Legion...

Can you specify? Personal taste, bad experience etc?

I shot a one that got a 365XL. I like it, it shot nice as well. I am not however completely sold on it as the size seemed almost to smallish (I know that was the idea) just dont know if I liked it enough to 100% say that would be my next small(ish) gun over others.

Just didn't do it like the 320 X5 Legion did for me

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The 320 X5 Legion is becoming extremely popular in USPSA especially in Carry Optics. It is one of those guns that many people swear they are buying skill with.

I just put the mag well back on mine and I’m shooting it in an idpa match on Saturday (esp) and I’m putting my open class slide on the legion frame and using it on Sunday at steel Challenge, as for buying skill I’ll call bs on that! If you could, I wouldn’t have come in 41st out of 44 shooters

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It's not possible to buy skill, however, you can buy a gun that fits you better and be a bit more accurate and comfortable with it. That doesn't take the place of training, but there's something to be said about having a gun that just fits you better.

I wish this gun was for rent at Point Blank. I coonfingered it a few times and it feels really nice, but I'd really like to shoot it before deciding whether to buy one.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I thought buying quality firearms just took away the ability to make excuses? Skill can only be bought with ammunition and practice time.

If you suck, it ain't the gun's fault...and everybody is going to know it.

Buy a junk gun and let that be the reason you always come in last!
    :D

I am being tempted by the X5. I have fondled one and I like the weight and balance of it. The trigger is pretty nice right out of the box.

I'm also looking at the DWX. I'm just having a hard time seeing the benefits/advancements over my Shadow Target II...but you know, NEW GUN!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I'm also looking at the DWX. I'm just having a hard time seeing the benefits/advancements over my Shadow Target II...but you know, NEW GUN!

I finger fondled a shadow 2...and damn near pulled out my wallet right then and there!, in fact had it been the version with the blue grips, I would have! (it was the urban gray and black version), but the dwx looks sweet, cz frame, 1911 trigger action...whats not to like (other than the 1800 msrp!)

I guess I talked myself out of a cz, for the 1200 i'd spend on the shadow 2, I could buy a lot of ammo to get better, or a nice reloading press and make my own ammo so I could get better with what I already have!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    No love for the p365 XL? It looks very close to a Legion...

In the American Handgunner rag March / April 2020 edition, it outshot the 320 Legion. Good enough to get my vote.
    I got off work today early and drove about 45 minutes to a gun shop just to see if that had the cz shadow 2 I wanted (black with blue grips), they didn’t so I drove to academy to buy a vest for idpa, I stopped by the gun counter and guess what the had...I say had cause I left with it! Yes it was a p365 xl!...now to get it cera coated gray!

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I got to hold one yesterday at the lgs. Very nice indeed. I think I'd have to shoot it to appreciate it more. Trigger was nice but not "custom" nice if that makes sense. They grayish finish was really sharp.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I thought buying quality firearms just took away the ability to make excuses? Skill can only be bought with ammunition and practice time.

If you suck, it ain't the gun's fault...and everybody is going to know it.

Buy a junk gun and let that be the reason you always come in last!
    :D

I am being tempted by the X5. I have fondled one and I like the weight and balance of it. The trigger is pretty nice right out of the box.

I was considering the DWX but the X5 Legion is more appealing to me as better value.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I don’t carry mine, I shoot it in competition, and it shoots great! In fact I’ve put more rounds through it 4 months I’ve owned it, than I’ve put through my 226 legion and I’ve had it for over 2 years!

i think sig really hit it out of the park with the 320 legion, and if they make a p365 legion I’d probably buy one of them too!

I have the 365 xl, and would love to see a legion version.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I was considering the DWX but the X5 Legion is more appealing to me as better value.

The striker in the X5 is pretty nice. Striker style triggers have come a very long way, but they aren't 1911 SAO nice and probably never will be.

The RMR cut in the X5 also gives it some extra points in my book. But darn it all, I can believe that DWX is a really nice handling gun without even fondling one.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    The striker in the X5 is pretty nice. Striker style triggers have come a very long way, but they aren't 1911 SAO nice and probably never will be.

The RMR cut in the X5 also gives it some extra points in my book. But darn it all, I can believe that DWX is a really nice handling gun without even fondling one.

I made the mistake of trying the X5 right after handling a STI Stacatto P. So ya, trigger is ok for a striker is about the best I can say.

Top Bottom