• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Question... on a 300 BLK 9 inch pistol, is it really worth it? I ran my pistol unsuppressed with sub-sonic ammo and it cycled reliably... supers certainly kick more, but nothing like a standard 556 still. Debating swapping the gas block or if I'm just adding another adjustable point of failure? How much does that adjustable gas block really mitigate recoil on the supers?

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    Don't know about the 300 but I can tell you I've seen more than a few AR(223,556) rifles go down during 3 Gun comps because of the adjustable gas block.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    This is probably not going to help you because I only shoot subs and only suppressed, but I built my home defense 8" .300 pistol using a SLR adjustable block. After tuning for the subs and suppressor it is extremely quiet and a very soft shooting gun compared to my other pistols and rifles. Yes, the AGB is a potential point of failure, but I execute my maintenance routine on this gun taking that into account.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    If you do not plan to suppress the pistol and it functions and ejects reliably, no need for an adjustable GB. If your going to suppress it, you might need a AGB to tune the gas system for reliability with both subs and supers.

Top Bottom