• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic Z

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    Tacoma
    Aside from having fun, I feel that today has been my most "successful" day at the range as far as progress and improvement is concerned.
    Finally familiar and quite. comfortable with guns, my Baretta, and range etiquette, so I was able to pay closer attention to some basics.
    First was my grip.
    I have tried hard to get comfortable with my left thumb on the left side running along the slide but it was just uncomfortable and always got in the way of my trigger finger.
    Today I wrapped it back around my right hand and it was a huge improvement. Felt better and shot way better. Maybe that's a no no, but it sure worked for me. Shrunk my group and almost eliminated the flyers.
    I also found the sweet spot on my trigger finger about 1/8th" from my first knuckle.
    I was almost impressed by my performance with the 22 rounds, and very pleased with the 9mm. Not fantastic on every target with the 9, but much improved.
    Still that occasional miss low and left which tells me that it is flinch. Don't see it with the 22.
    Thanks for all the help guys and keep the tips coming.
    The day will come when I am able to "contribute" as well.

Vic Z

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    Tacoma
    Thank you
    I'm aware
    First time out I shot my sons SA 45 and experienced that. It sucked.
    I bet everyone gets one, and avoids it from then on.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    It does feel great to see improvement. I just got tried of one day good next time I sucked, so I started to take some lessons and now I can go several times before the suck comes back.
    Shooting is a true sport so train and practice does help. Enjoy your time and congratulations.

blaster2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It sure seems to be muscle memory for me. If I go more then a couple of weeks without shooting I am typically pretty bad. It may not be the same thing but I too have had issues with my trigger finger touching my left thumb/palm area with thumbs forward. I have to remind myself to get me left hand further back on the grip of the gun to clear it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Aside from having fun, I feel that today has been my most "successful" day at the range as far as progress and improvement is concerned.
    Finally familiar and quite. comfortable with guns, my Baretta, and range etiquette, so I was able to pay closer attention to some basics.
    First was my grip.
    I have tried hard to get comfortable with my left thumb on the left side running along the slide but it was just uncomfortable and always got in the way of my trigger finger.
    Today I wrapped it back around my right hand and it was a huge improvement. Felt better and shot way better. Maybe that's a no no, but it sure worked for me. Shrunk my group and almost eliminated the flyers.
    I also found the sweet spot on my trigger finger about 1/8th" from my first knuckle.
    I was almost impressed by my performance with the 22 rounds, and very pleased with the 9mm. Not fantastic on every target with the 9, but much improved.
    Still that occasional miss low and left which tells me that it is flinch. Don't see it with the 22.
    Thanks for all the help guys and keep the tips coming.
    The day will come when I am able to "contribute" as well.

Next time use your cell to take a pic or two.
    It's fun to see other's range pics.

Vic Z

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    Tacoma
    20191203_144953.jpg
    20191203_145029.jpg

This is from a couple of weeks ago.
    Both with the 92fs both in 9mm and 22lr.
    Was my 2nd time out with the gun and first with the 22 kit.
    Probably 20 or 25 feet.
    Next time out was better.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom