Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Dont forget a tourniquet. Even if its just a TK-4. At least carry something.
    Have a tourniquet in the truck. Bought 3-4 after taking a Stop the Bleed class. The class was great for situations we might encounter. Even having my wife as a nurse I wanted some training. Carrying a tourniquet is easier than carrying my wife/nurse.
    When seconds matter the 2nd Amendment matters.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KittySlayer View Post
    Have a tourniquet in the truck. Bought 3-4 after taking a Stop the Bleed class. The class was great for situations we might encounter. Even having my wife as a nurse I wanted some training. Carrying a tourniquet is easier than carrying my wife/nurse.
    And a TK doesnt nag, give you the side eye when you go to the gun store, etc. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cbhausen View Post
    Iím surprised no one has mentioned a shot timer yet...
    Unfortunately, a lot of us only get to shoot at ranges where they get pissy if you fire more than one shot every 2 seconds.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thompal View Post
    Unfortunately, a lot of us only get to shoot at ranges where they get pissy if you fire more than one shot every 2 seconds.
    Vote with your feet. My preferred range is 70 minutes from my front door. (Proteq). Its worth the drive because I can do what I want, with no BS from neutered RSO via corporate policies. For me, even when the RSOs (the owner and his son) are around, they ENCOURAGE safe shots at WHATEVER speed is appropriate for the drill at hand.

Your limitations are self imposed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thompal View Post
    Being a volunteer RSO at a club has its perks. You get a lot of range time AND you get range time when no one else is around. We get to use the range on closed days and outside normal operating hours.

When you're the RSO it is your range and you run it as you see fit.

Unfortunately the 2 second/shot rule has to be put into place because of inexperienced folks that come out (with an obvious lack of marksmanship ability) yet still want to be Steven Seagal or John Wick (for you young'uns). Ranges open to the public are just frightful. https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/t...ning-lack.html

If you can barely keep it on paper at 7 yards during slow fire, doing a mag dump might be fun but it is hardly responsible and/or safe. Ever hand the keys to a sixteen-year old and tell them to go ahead and see what happens when they mash the pedal to the floor?

Regulars and those that display competency get a break at our range.

I also carry a trauma bag when on duty. It might be overkill, but if the need ever arose I'm sure I would be glad I had it.

I also usually carry a bamboo skewer in my tool kit. It has come in handy a couple of times for bore-checking and holds up fairly well to hammering.

Plinker

User Info Menu

- Firearms in individual zippered cloth pouches
    - Ammo in a plastic ammo can
    - Maglula
    - Eyes
    - Ears (Electronic muffs doubled up with musicians earplugs. Plus tons of individual fomies in case I forget)
    - Range Key Card
    - Paper targets
    - Tape
    - Screwdriver set
    - Microfiber towel
    - Tourniquet and med kit in outside pouch of bag

User Info Menu

Guns.
    Ammo.
    Spare mags.
    Stapler/staples.
    Large zip-lock bag for shells.
    A very small whisk broom and dustpan.
    Rags.
    PPE.

User Info Menu

OK I'll play, range mags, colored markers, leatherman, pocket knife, cleaning rod, brush, mag loader, safety glasses, small flashlight, and extra left over ammo sometimes.

User Info Menu

I've started carrying enough stuff in my regular range bag that I have started carrying a second smaller bag that is dedicated to ammo only. It makes a big difference on those days when I'm shooting a lot of 45.

I'm kind of surprised only a couple of folks have mentioned chamber flags and Sharpies.

I also carry and extra set of batteries for my electronical gadgetry in one of my pockets. 2032, AA, AAA, 123, 1/3N.

Even if I function-check at home, it isn't a surprise when I get to the range and find a reticle flashing.

User Info Menu

...... too much stuff.
    Seriously, my range bag was getting so heavy I needed a 2 wheel dolly cart. So I've reduced to just the bare essentials needed for that day at the range.

We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.
    George S. Patton

N.R.A. Life Member

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast