• ...and so much more!
  • Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Howdy,

Anyone here installed one of CZ's .22LR Kadet Adapter kits?

I'm curious if it's a plug'n'play installation or if you need smithing skills. Lovin' my 75 Compact, but that 9mm is beginning to get a little spendy.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-kadet-adapter-ii-22-lr-adj-sights-10-rd-mags-will-fit-omega-system/

cz-usa-cz-75-kadet-adapter-500x334.png

Vic Z

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    Tacoma
    I don't know about the CZ, but my wife got me one for my Beretta 92FS as a Christmas present and it works perfect.
    Completely plug and play. Slide off, slide on.
    22LR rounds are less than a nickle. I like that

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to the OP for creating this thread. I had completely forgotten that CZ made a .22 conversion kit. This sounds like fun.
    I watched a couple of Youtube videos to make sure there wasn't any serious modifications necessary to fit and was satisfied that fitting is within my abilities.
    I just ordered one from Grabagun, they were the cheapest in my quick search. Got an extra mag, jeez they're $40. But no FFL transfer, woohoo.
    Now I need to shoot about 5000 rounds for my ammo savings to pay for it. So I should be even by February, lol.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The Kadet kit is fantastic fun. My ran without issue for me, even with a much lighter than stock trigger.

There are two points at the front of the Kadet slide that I had to lightly hit with a fine sand paper to get them to fit one of my 75 frames. My Shadow Orange frame would have required taking enough material off of the Kadet that I wasn’t willing to do it. I’d bet most of the standard production frames fit with little to no effort though.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I'm hoping for drop in compatiblity. I've got a couple of 75s and a SP-01, we'll see which one it fits best.
    I don't know how long ago you bought the Kadet but they are now making a Shadow Kadet kit. Its my understanding it is just shorter, not thinner.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm hoping for drop in compatiblity. I've got a couple of 75s and a SP-01, we'll see which one it fits best.
    I don't know how long ago you bought the Kadet but they are now making a Shadow Kadet kit. Its my understanding it is just shorter, not thinner.

Excuse my ignorance, but you surely don't mean they have a .22LR conversion for the CZ Shadow 2?
    Just curious since it would be a riot shooting .22LR from a 47 ounce gun.
    But, I had a conversion kit for a Glock 26, and discovered I'd just as soon shoot my .22LR ammo from a dedicated .22LR gun.
    I have shot the CZ Kadet Kit a friend owned: nice enough!

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Excuse my ignorance, but you surely don't mean they have a .22LR conversion for the CZ Shadow 2?
    Just curious since it would be a riot shooting .22LR from a 47 ounce gun.
    But, I had a conversion kit for a Glock 26, and discovered I'd just as soon shoot my .22LR ammo from a dedicated .22LR gun.
    I have shot the CZ Kadet Kit a friend owned: nice enough!

Yes, CZ Custom has a Kadet Kit for the Shadow, sort of. They have it in their catalogue but it isn't in stock so I don't know if you can actually get one.
    https://czcustom.com/cz-shadow-2-kadet-kit-22-lr.html

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    If you want to shoot any conversion in .22 LR, the Kadet is the best option (IMHO).
    It may require minor fitment (sanding), but mine fit perfect. If pairing with a newer production CZ, the fit will likely be perfect/very close with little/no fitting needed.
    My 75 had a lighter spring kit and I would get 1-2 failure to fire per 10 rd mag. I replaced the spring to factory and it's 100% now!

As always, with any conversion, I'd think long and hard about just getting a dedicated .22 (Browning, Ruger, S&W, etc all have decent options that are less $$ than the conversion).

The main factor that persuaded me to get the Kadet (Kadet II, actually), was the fact that I can use same holsters, same gun weight, same trigger, etc to practice. Mine came with 2 x 10 rd mags, and new mags are around $40.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    There's more than one kadet kit for more than 1 gun they make. There are also a couple different styles of mags to watch out for.

The Kadet 2 fits my P01 like it was meant to be.

Top Bottom