Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Question Looking for a advice on 10mm platform

I'm not new to 10mm by any means and I've hot rodded more than a few handloads which brings me to the subject of why I've gathered you all here. I'm looking for a hunting handgun in 10mm and I've narrowed the choices down to 3 guns. I'm looking for anyone with experience with the guns or similar from same manufacturer to put in their $.02 and experiences if there's anyone here with these pieces. Tips, mandatory upgrades, reliability, problems and issues are all welcomed. I'm not looking to put a scope or dot on any of these as my vision is pretty solid and I can typically hit a plate at 50 yards free hand with a decent trigger, so that's not part of the equation on these particular guns. I'm also aware that the minimum for handgun hunting in IN is a 4" barrel. 6" barrels are a sight radius/aesthetic choice.

Armscor Pro ultra match - It's a 2011 double stack 6" barrel. Item number 52000 for those interested
    Iver Johnson Eagle XL ported - 6" 1911 ported. Item number Eagle XL-10 ported
    Tanfoglio Witness Hunter - Long slide 6" based on CZ platform and SAO. Item number 600252

Thanks for the input!
    45 acp takes a life, 10mm takes a soul. GOA & FPC Member.

User Info Menu

Witness Hunter, but I’m biased and had one.
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

User Info Menu

Did you have the older one with the collar on the end of the barrel or one of the newer ones with a long slide? I ask because I'm actually leaning that direction, but the IJ has me nostalgic for a decent 1911.

Expert

User Info Menu

Are you dead set on a semi auto? I hate chasing brass as I reload. Smith and Wesson reintroduced the 610 revolver and Ruger rolled out a couple revolvers in 10mm. A GP100 or 610 should fit your needs nicely... if you like wheelguns. If your dead set in one of the others, I would go with the Witness Hunter.

User Info Menu

The 6” Hunter

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DocIndy View Post
    Are you dead set on a semi auto? I hate chasing brass as I reload. Smith and Wesson reintroduced the 610 revolver and Ruger rolled out a couple revolvers in 10mm. A GP100 or 610 should fit your needs nicely... if you like wheelguns. If your dead set in one of the others, I would go with the Witness Hunter.
    I'm pretty set on auto loaders, I've had some rimless revolvers in the past that I never really cared for. I reload as well, but I'd like the capacity increase over revolvers if I ever decide to carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    The 6” Hunter
    Beautiful. Did you shoot hot loads through it or standard armscor level stuff?

User Info Menu

It ran a mix of stuff. Never choked on anything. You’ll want to up the recoil spring for hotter rounds.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VulpesForge View Post
    I'm pretty set on auto loaders, I've had some rimless revolvers in the past that I never really cared for. I reload as well, but I'd like the capacity increase over revolvers if I ever decide to carry it.

Beautiful. Did you shoot hot loads through it or standard armscor level stuff?
    To me running Armscor in a good 10mm is akin to running WWB 38 special in a good S&W .357.

Sacrilege.

AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    It ran a mix of stuff. Never choked on anything. You’ll want to up the recoil spring for hotter rounds.
    I've read a little into that. I've got the tab open with the wolff kit with #'s between 16 and 22 ready if I decide to go that route so I can experiment with what I load.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast