• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    I'm not new to 10mm by any means and I've hot rodded more than a few handloads which brings me to the subject of why I've gathered you all here. I'm looking for a hunting handgun in 10mm and I've narrowed the choices down to 3 guns. I'm looking for anyone with experience with the guns or similar from same manufacturer to put in their $.02 and experiences if there's anyone here with these pieces. Tips, mandatory upgrades, reliability, problems and issues are all welcomed. I'm not looking to put a scope or dot on any of these as my vision is pretty solid and I can typically hit a plate at 50 yards free hand with a decent trigger, so that's not part of the equation on these particular guns. I'm also aware that the minimum for handgun hunting in IN is a 4" barrel. 6" barrels are a sight radius/aesthetic choice.

Armscor Pro ultra match - It's a 2011 double stack 6" barrel. Item number 52000 for those interested
    Iver Johnson Eagle XL ported - 6" 1911 ported. Item number Eagle XL-10 ported
    Tanfoglio Witness Hunter - Long slide 6" based on CZ platform and SAO. Item number 600252

Thanks for the input!

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    Did you have the older one with the collar on the end of the barrel or one of the newer ones with a long slide? I ask because I'm actually leaning that direction, but the IJ has me nostalgic for a decent 1911.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Are you dead set on a semi auto? I hate chasing brass as I reload. Smith and Wesson reintroduced the 610 revolver and Ruger rolled out a couple revolvers in 10mm. A GP100 or 610 should fit your needs nicely... if you like wheelguns. If your dead set in one of the others, I would go with the Witness Hunter.

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    Are you dead set on a semi auto? I hate chasing brass as I reload. Smith and Wesson reintroduced the 610 revolver and Ruger rolled out a couple revolvers in 10mm. A GP100 or 610 should fit your needs nicely... if you like wheelguns. If your dead set in one of the others, I would go with the Witness Hunter.

I'm pretty set on auto loaders, I've had some rimless revolvers in the past that I never really cared for. I reload as well, but I'd like the capacity increase over revolvers if I ever decide to carry it.

The 6” Hunter
    Beautiful. Did you shoot hot loads through it or standard armscor level stuff?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm pretty set on auto loaders, I've had some rimless revolvers in the past that I never really cared for. I reload as well, but I'd like the capacity increase over revolvers if I ever decide to carry it.

Beautiful. Did you shoot hot loads through it or standard armscor level stuff?

To me running Armscor in a good 10mm is akin to running WWB 38 special in a good S&W .357.

Sacrilege.

:):

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've read a little into that. I've got the tab open with the wolff kit with #'s between 16 and 22 ready if I decide to go that route so I can experiment with what I load.

Just put the 22 in it and don’t worry about it. I didn’t come across any decent 10mm that wouldn’t cycle with that spring.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Get Allen to build you a good double stack. It will work and shoot good. Otherwise a EAA Hunter. I have a custom low end EAA with a target slide.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Get Allen to build you a good double stack. It will work and shoot good. Otherwise a EAA Hunter. I have a custom low end EAA with a target slide.

He is up to the task...….:)

Brothers in 10mm

zq4LOWp.jpg

aRmP0CO.jpg

7COgsZ4.jpg

ShCO8m9.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I think I have shot the smaller of the two. Maybe not that particular one but one just like it. With the hybrid barrel it shot like a 9.

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    Late to the party, as usual.
    I use a Glock 40 with a red dot. Have a Johnny Glock trigger. The thing is accurate with very little recoil and has a 15 shot mag. Have taken a deer and 2 coyotes.
    Also bought a .40S&W barrel for a little cheaper shooting.
    I considered all of your choices but went with the 15 rounder.

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    I’m out at Shot Show. CZC has a custom 10mm here. It looks like a really nice setup.

I didn’t get a good picture of it. It on the other side of this chrome A01
    c8dac7b2c31ebf69dd1235d69e857ea1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I’m out at Shot Show. CZC has a custom 10mm here. It looks like a really nice setup.

Little surprised anyone is coming out with a new .40...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have seen some pics of this. I may need to change my mind on a new gun his year.

Top Bottom