• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    I've got the urge to REALLY spoil myself, I'm selling some unneeded things, the Staccato P Duo has been calling my name. Funds have finally come around and I think it's time. Do any of you guys have one or are there any shops between Greenwood to Ft Wayne that have one I can look at in person before dropping 2500 in a gun I've never seen in person?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've got the urge to REALLY spoil myself, I'm selling some unneeded things, the Staccato P Duo has been calling my name. Funds have finally come around and I think it's time. Do any of you guys have one or are there any shops between Greenwood to Ft Wayne that have one I can look at in person before dropping 2500 in a gun I've never seen in person?

Not the Duo but the Point Blanks around Indy have the standard Staccato P for rent.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    A friend has a standard P not a Duo, really nice guns but you aren't going to find one much if at all below MSRP.

Right. By the time I get the gun, put a good dot on it, and buy 10 mags, I am in for close to $4,000. Just not going to happen for me as much as I would love to. Actually I forgot new gear. Make it 4k.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I would love to have one. A shop local to me has had a couple and I got to shoot Matt Littles. They are great but I just am not going to spend the money.

I'm jealous...

He's got a class in late Feb that I'd like to attend - just not sure if I can swing it. It also seems to me that the classes may be geared towards LEO personnel? Your opinion on that?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I'm jealous...

He's got a class in late Feb that I'd like to attend - just not sure if I can swing it. It also seems to me that the classes may be geared towards LEO personnel? Your opinion on that?

I met Matt at the Gabe White class a couple of years ago and then did the Jedlinski class with him a month later. Since then I see him mostly at USPSA matches. I have not been to one of his classes. Seeing how he is ex SF, and SWAT I could see that being the case. He is a great guy, very personable. I can reach out to him and ask if you want.

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    I went and looked at the 1st gen range gun and current 2020 model tonight at Point Blank in Greenwood, I really want one but I cant talk myself in to it. I would feel guilty as hell if I got it knowing what I spent and not being 100% truthful to my loving wife on what I spent. So I guess more ammo and training is in store for me this year. M&P for me...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I went and looked at the 1st gen range gun and current 2020 model tonight at Point Blank in Greenwood, I really want one but I cant talk myself in to it. I would feel guilty as hell if I got it knowing what I spent and not being 100% truthful to my loving wife on what I spent. So I guess more ammo and training is in store for me this year. M&P for me...
    I've found it usually helps smooth things over if they get something too. I recently got that Python and now have painted kitchen cabinets and new countertops coming but in the end I lost on that deal.

JTL165

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 26, 2020
    Central
    Not sure if you've picked one up as this is an old post but indiana gun club [fishers/fortville area] stocks them. Not always in stock but hit and miss

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    Not sure if you've picked one up as this is an old post but indiana gun club [fishers/fortville area] stocks them. Not always in stock but hit and miss
    I really veered off course from tge staccato, I ordered an Alchemy Quantico HiCap. Better to ask forgiveness the permission...I hope....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I really veered off course from tge staccato, I ordered an Alchemy Quantico HiCap. Better to ask forgiveness the permission...I hope....
    Good choice. Can't go wrong with Alchemy. They appear to put out top quality firearms from everything I've heard about them.

I've been lusting for one myself. The premium price tag is the sticking point for me. I'm sure they're worth it though if you can swing it.

Last edited:

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    Good choice. Can't go wrong with Alchemy. They appear to put out top quality firearms from everything I've heard about them.

I've been lusting for one myself. The premium price tag is the sticking point for me. I'm sure they're worth it though if you can swing it.
    Realistically I got a 5in 2011 milled for RDS all the bells and whistles for the price of a Staccato XC.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As I have a system in place with CKW (spouse) as to paying tribute on any gun transactions as in buying/selling/fixing she could care. I do not have to lie to her as so many of you seem to do. HVAC GUY not targeting you but your post is an excellent spring board. CKW gets her cut. I am honest about it and she has some skin in the game. It makes this fun. She is a master negotiator. So I have to add her cut to the purchase/sale price of anything I do.

In this she also knows I will not put us in financial issues as to wanting a new gun. I tend to build mine from scratch and end up with a superior piece over anything in the display case. It casts near the same. I can pay for it as we build it. Impulse does not enter into getting a high end piece and what I get is totally what I want.

I I do not have to lie about it to CKW.
    This works for me.

Stay safe out there fellas.

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Ads I have a system in place with CKW (spouse) as to paying tribute on any gun transactions as in buying/selling/fixing she could care. I do not have to lie to her as so many of you seem to do. HVAC GUY not targeting you but your post is an excellent spring board. CKW gets her cut. I am honest about it and she has some skin in the game. It makes this fun. She is a master negotiator. So I have to add her cut to the purchase/sale price of anything I do.

In this she also knows I will not put us in financial issues as to wanting a new gun. I tend to build mine from scratch and end up with a superior piece over anything in the display case. It casts near the same. I can pay for it as we build it. Impulse does not enter into getting a high end piece and what I get is totally what I want.

This works for me.

Yep good policy here, after we got married the wife " let me" pick up my Staccato P since I kinda sold most of my knife collection to pay for her engagement ring :abused:

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Yep good policy here, after we got married the wife " let me" pick up my Staccato P since I kinda sold most of my knife collection to pay for her engagement ring :abused:
    It’s all about having priorities. I like nice guns/toys. I make sure the household finances are covered with my full time job. If she needs anything, there is always money available. Side work is for my guns/toys and vacations. She doesn’t ask about my side work account as she knows what those funds are for and when we decide to vacation, the bill is covered. I also use that account as a Oh S#*t emergency fund if needed.

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    As I have a system in place with CKW (spouse) as to paying tribute on any gun transactions as in buying/selling/fixing she could care. I do not have to lie to her as so many of you seem to do. HVAC GUY not targeting you but your post is an excellent spring board. CKW gets her cut. I am honest about it and she has some skin in the game. It makes this fun. She is a master negotiator. So I have to add her cut to the purchase/sale price of anything I do.

This works for me.

Ya not targeting I got you . 5- $1000 guns is easier to explain than 1 $5000 gun. Financially we are ok, I haven't advertised guns for triple their value on here or silly price gouging. I'm not lying about anything. Our kids have food, shoes, clothes. When I'm on here selling a $300's worth of ammo/gun for silly amounts then we can lecture about what's right and wrong.

Top Bottom