Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    The point I was trying to make is that most folks already have a holster on their belt or lying around for their G19/G44, while they will never have one for their Ruger .22's.
    My point was that they are, typically, different target audiences.

The G44 is more in line with the other trainer style 22s than it is with the target style Ruger Mks.
    ď...I blame TurboĒ -Everyone

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Exactly!

Although there are no Glock trainer style .22's, until now.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

I rented a Glock 44 today at my local range/shop. I used older Winchester ammo and it worked fine. Accuracy was not as good as my Ruger Mark 2; albeit, it was still a fun handgun to shoot. I would like to add one to the stable later this year

User Info Menu

No gain today at 21' compared to yesterday. Glock 44 only in the middle target.
    I was really hacked at not getting all 10 rounds in the red with those 1st two rounds outside left of the red.
    I even tried adjusting the sights a tad, but I was busy getting the other 2 guns sighted in since I was going to sell one of them after buying the Glock 44.
    I knew the Beretta Neos (a plinker I picked up before the Ruger Mark 3) was the weak link, but I had to confirm it.

User Info Menu

Thought I was gonna buy one on Monday. Actually handled it and couldnít do it. Felt extremely cheap and the ten rounds hurts it for me. My 175 dollar tx22 feels much better in hand and trigger and holds 16. Had every intention to get one but wasnt happy with it at all once i had it in my hand.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Are you done with our new gun yet?

I think I have an extra set of Ameriglo Hackathorn's waiting around for the gun to come this way.

Seriously, that is good shooting. Especially for a gent that doesn't shoot a Glock routinely.

User Info Menu

Are you done with our new gun yet?
    I think I have an extra set of Ameriglo Hackathorn's waiting around for the gun to come this way.
    Seriously, that is good shooting. Especially for a gent that doesn't shoot a Glock routinely.

Funniest post I've read today, especially since it has previous layers to it.
    Good humor tracks linearly then loops back again: well done.

I would have felt better about the Glock target if it was at 30'.
    I didn't have time to shoot at 30' today & didn't want the discouragement of the reality check of the 45' even if I did have time for more shooting.
    I shot a few mags of everything on a used target just warming up and dialing in the rear sights a little since all of these pistols recent acquisitions.

The recent Glock 17 I picked up here from a member that I have only shot a couple of times & this 44 will be fun to shoot together.

User Info Menu

Are you done with our new gun yet? I think I have an extra set of Ameriglo Hackathorn's waiting around for the gun to come this way. Seriously, that is good shooting. Especially for a gent that doesn't shoot a Glock routinely.
    Glock rep filled the guys in at the local shop. They were not recommending people replace the rear sight. The slide is polymer and driving the old sight out and replacing with metal might not be the best choice. Also there is a little plate on top of the slide, do not remove that cover. The front sight however is fair game for replacement. Hypothetically if I were to buy a Glock 44 a hi viz fiber optic would get rung up as part of the transaction.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Glock rep filled the guys in at the local shop. They were not recommending people replace the rear sight. The slide is polymer and driving the old sight out and replacing with metal might not be the best choice. Also there is a little plate on top of the slide, do not remove that cover. The front sight however is fair game for replacement. Hypothetically if I were to buy a Glock 44 a hi viz fiber optic would get rung up as part of the transaction.
    Thanks for the info VERT!

But UH OH, a large part of my interest was setting the G44 up exactly like my carry guns.

I may have to wait around on these a bit to let others be the guinea pigs on rear sight changes.

I wonder also, now that it's mentioned, how much the reliability of the gun would be affected by the weight change from plastic to metal sights?

Another thought on the possibility of the slide function being touchy is holstering. These guns were thoroughly tested and developed, but were they holstered and drawn so many times that the metal slide center fire versions would start to lose their finish, like mine always do?
    Last edited by bwframe; 01-23-2020 at 22:23.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info VERT!

But UH OH, a large part of my interest was setting the G44 up exactly like my carry guns.

I may have to wait around on these a bit to let others be the guinea pigs on rear sight changes.

I wonder also, now that it's mentioned, how much the reliability of the gun would be affected by the weight change from plastic to metal sights?

Another thought on the possibility of the slide function being touchy is holstering. These guns were thoroughly tested and developed, but were they holstered and drawn so many times that the metal slide center fire versions would start to lose their finish, like mine always do?
    The Rear sight is adjustable. That is good since it allows pretty much any Front sight to be used. If setting up like a carry gun I suppose a person could replace the front and simply color the rear black. Supposed to be looking at the FRONT sight anyway. Rep also said dire fire all you want. The trigger felt like a Glock. Canít comment on durability of plastic in a holster, but I donít see people dry practicing drawstroke with the .22. What I mean by that is reps would be limited to the range. Traditionally .22 matches are not shot from the holster.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast