Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    GWC

User Info Menu

HK p30, or Sig p320?

I just sold my Sig 2022 .40 so I could get a 9mm, and I have narrowed it down to these 2 guns HK p30/P30L or Sig p320. I would love to get some feedback ,and opinons I realy want to make the best choice here.

User Info Menu

Two completely different pistols. Do you wanna hammer fired or striker fired? striker fired is here to stay it appears because the is no safest, no de cocker, same trigger pull every time... Some people feel a hammer fired is safer. They can feel the hammer is down when they holster and know they aren’t about to shoot their leg off.
    Just generally speaking, H&Ks are built like tanks. Their DA pull, if you get the DA/SA model, is amazingly bad. The P30 also has that little channel for the trigger in the trigger guard that makes my finger sore after a hundred rounds. It doesn’t bother some people.
    The P320 is the official Army pistol, so it is obviously a fine pistol. Get one of the newer ones as there were some teething pains in the early days.

User Info Menu

Largely preference, both have advantages. I am partial to the DA/SAs. I have a P30 v3 (DA/SA, decocker, no safety) which I have surprised myself with the accuracy even in DA. I don't think the DA is that bad but I practice with bad triggers so a good one is easy. If you're a trigger snob, you'll hate the P30 though, lots of pre-travel. I also have a P30SK (sub compact) with the LEM trigger. Another advantage of the P30 is the interchangeable grip panels, it can be tailored to your hand beautifully, though the sig you can swap out the whole frame if you like.

LEM trigger is a light DAO... kinda. the hammer spring stays cocked but the hammer is decocked. every shot starts with a long DA pull but it's SA weight because the hammer spring is already cocked. after the shot, the hammer spring is recocked by the slide for the next shot but the really fun part is the reset: the shooter can fully release the trigger and start over with the DA length OR stop releasing at the first click which is basically the SA reset and pull again from there. So: Light DA with optional SA reset. Advantage is hammer-down safety without the heavy DA.

The sig has a lot more aftermarket support if you like modding, swappable frames, and is a lot more popular right now. Striker/SAO always has the same short, light trigger pull.

Being selected for the military certainly entails a level of reliability but the P30's been on the market for 20 years and is well established for phenomenal endurance and durability. On the other hand, the sig has had some teething problems and recalls already.

Plinker

User Info Menu

HK p30, or Sig p320

The p30 is built like a tank but doesn't feel like it because of grip-easy to fit to you. The trigger in da/sa improves with use but will never be great. russc2542's description is spot on. You get used to it. A sig 229 will feel good, not as good as a p30, but will have a better trigger. I like hammers. I'd buy a metal 229.

User Info Menu

Have you shot both guns?
    If so, even if not, what did you like about each? They are different enough that this could ve the deciding factor. Yes, I am suggesting a pro/con sheet.

GWC

User Info Menu

I shot the p30L, but not the sig p320, cant find a p30L even if I wanted that one.

User Info Menu

Ask and you shall receive. I'm selling mine in the classifieds.

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/h...ong-slide.html
    “The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.” - M.Twain

GWC

User Info Menu

Wow exactly what I'm looking for Cable, but that's what I am looking to spend on a new gun, not a used one, I'm not saying I won't end up with a used one, but can't pay that much for used. I could go $575.00. ; )
    Last edited by GWC; 01-26-2020 at 08:51. Reason: error

Expert

User Info Menu

What is your criteria that you have narrowed your choices down to these two very different firearms?

GWC

User Info Menu

well I have some experience with Sigs and have found them to be very well built, shoot well, and hold their value nicely, I shot my buddies HK P30L and fell in love, and the same goes for HK when it comes to dependability, and investment. I'm not ruling anything out, but would be happy with either the Sig, or the HK. gonna use it to shoot at the range, and would be my EDC for now, got a Ruger P90 .45 ACP riding the night stand for nighttime bad guys. : )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast