Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: Ruger p90 45 ACP?

GWC

User Info Menu

Ruger p90 45 ACP?

my Dad passed his Ruger P90 45 ACP down to me and I love it for that reason, my question would be, how can I make the trigger/re-set a little more user freindly??

User Info Menu

I usually have my local gunsmith do my trigger work. I'm sure one of the members here can point you to a good Smith in your area.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

GWC

User Info Menu

I,m in Lowell/Crown Point area. any info would be welcome.

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

Once you get the trigger cleaned up, treasure it and shoot the hxll out of it. I had one, and just flat wore it out. I loved that pistol.
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

User Info Menu

My very first handgun was a P95DC (45 acp). That thing was built like a tank. Enjoy your dad's gun OP!

User Info Menu

Wolf makes a spring kit for the p series rugers I put one on my p85 it was a definite improvement over stock, but just remember, if you spend a lot of money polishing a turd, in the end all you’ve got...is a turd!

you'll never turn it into a 1911 or even a glock! But what you will have a work horse that won’t win a beauty contest but will shoot all day long! (Oh if I can put the wolf kit on, anybody can do it!)
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

What's your plans for this gun. Will you carry it? Night stand gun? Or just something to plink with?

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

Larocca Gunworks out of MA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

The P90 is a tank of a gun, it will last forever. I bought one (P90SS) to take on BYOG anti-drug deployments and it's still in almost mint condition. I rarely carry it anymore but when I do I'm reminded of how light it is for the size and it was originally designed to take the 10MM magnum (which never became a thing) so +P .45 is not an issue. I never found the trigger annoying enough to do anything with it...but I was raised on Army guns so YMMV.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

GWC

User Info Menu

Mine is SS as well, I'll shoot it and most likely it will ride my nightstand to greet any bad guys who are looking for a dirt nap. ; )