• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have had an FN509, FN 509 Tactical and FNX-45 Tactical. All fantastic guns. I think when you are dealing with long-established, high-quality handgun manufacturers (Glock, S&W, CZ, FNH, etc) , 9.9 times out of ten you are going to be OK.

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    Yep . . . I own an FNS 9, 9c, and FNX-45. The FNS 9 pushed a Glock 19 to the back of the safe, the 9c replaced a Glock 26, which was traded for the FNX-45. The FNS 9c is one of two EDC pistols and the FNS 9 wears a light and serves bedside duty . . . I've had no problem with any of the FN's.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    The FNS9 is a great choice. My 509 Midsize MRD is a pleasure to shoot, accurate and hiccup free.

I plan on getting another.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    FN makes some high quality stuff.

Plus I like the idea that they have gone out of their way to build "stuff" that ATF allows us to own. Many ATF approved versions of military firearms. Too bad ATF has stomped all over our constitution and we can't own the really good stuff FH makes.

JKEdge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Indy
    I own a FNP-9 that I bought probably back in 2009 that I EDC for a few years. The gun shoots great but I ended up moving to a Shield due to the safety on the FNP. The safety would dig into my side, so I got an Alien Gear Holster which feels great but its hard to holster the FNP because the safety will hook onto the backing of the holster.

Mine also doesn't like Hornady self defense rounds which really irks me that it won't cycle them at all.

Overall the gun is great quality and will serve me well bedside. I can't recommend it for EDC.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'd like to own 3-4 different FN models - but funds don't really allow for buying stuff just to have stuff.

I've handled and dry-fired a 509 and 509Tactical. I like them. Big, but I like them. I've fired an FN-9 (older, hammer-fired) pistol a few mags worth. Not bad - but I'm not a fan of DA/SA guns in general. I'd dearly dearly love an FN-45 Tactical with an RMR on it - but that's about a $1300 investment in just the gun and optic. And then there's the cost of .45.

FN is good to go on almost anything/everything. Literally one of the oldest manufacturers remaining.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Ive had my FNS9 for about 2 years now. Been to the range a few times with it, it shoots great and no trouble with it.
    I haven't picked up a holster for it yet, so no comment on carry

Top Bottom