Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 259 of 502 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 269 309 359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 5018

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    Took the pup outside to play in the snow. Had an impromptu snowball fight* with the wife and watched the pup destroy a snow blob. I canít call it a snowman, it had no arms or a face. And Mocha destroyed in about 20 seconds. Dug a hole straight through it.

*By a snowball fight I mean that I hit her with snowballs and she threw some in my general direction.
    Iíd like to hear her side of this ďfightĒ....
    Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.

In my opinion, the M-1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised. - Lieutenant General George S. Patton, Jr.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    For the price of two reproductions, you could buy a real Colt SAA. Which will be worth more 20 years from now?

Reproductions have their place. If you want a 1860 Henry, or a 1866 Winchester, reproduction is about the only way to go. For a Colt SAA, there is still a little bit of time to get the originals. Not much time left.
    If I were to just want the SAA original it would rarely if ever get shot just because. I have a good friend that is coocoo for coco puffs over those SAA's just like LE is. I would want a Repop. Just so it could be abused.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcapo View Post
    Iíd like to hear her side of this ďfightĒ....
    She canít throw to save her life.

Lesson here guys. Donít get into a firefight with her, challenge her to something that requires throwing things.
    ď...I blame TurboĒ -Everyone

User Info Menu

CARL!!!!

I canít get that out of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benp View Post
    LOL!
    Introducing: Carl, the Player !

It started life as a factory-build Panther Arms carbine. 88' came over, and installed one of those 2-stage flat-bow LaRue triggers. He also helped me install the MaPul handguard, so I could add a rail for the bipod, and a QD sling socket.
    Then, it got some extra spa treatment, with a snakeskin wrap for the grip, and a thick rubber buttpad on the stock.

But .... I was waiting for just the right rifle to install the SWFA Super Sniper 10X scope that I bought during Black Friday ..... and this was the rifle.
    It's a beautiful piece of Japanese (LOW factory) built glass, and helped this rifle become Carl, the Player !

User Info Menu

Or two Ubertis, a DWX and dinner. Lol
    Iíve never priced the reproduction pistols, but I have been pricing 1866ís. Definitely reproduction. Leadeye will be along shortly to show us a real 1866, and a Henry 1860. At least I hope......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Benp View Post
    You're immediately saving half the money by doing this move!
    And, saving $1900 is a good thing right? It would be crazy to turn down that kind of savings. It would be down right irresponsible.
    Ď88 (aka The mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    If I were to just want the SAA original it would rarely if ever get shot just because. I have a good friend that is coocoo for coco puffs over those SAA's just like LE is. I would want a Repop. Just so it could be abused.
    I got very close to owning one Monday. I gave up and went to plan B. I blame MCapo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    For the price of two reproductions, you could buy a real Colt SAA. Which will be worth more 20 years from now?

Reproductions have their place. If you want a 1860 Henry, or a 1866 Winchester, reproduction is about the only way to go. For a Colt SAA, there is still a little bit of time to get the originals. Not much time left.
    This is sound advice! I do love to hold a gun thatís been around a long time. You never know what that gun did or where it lived. Might have spent itís entire life in a box somewhere and only used as a toy but it might have also been someoneís favorite carry gun and maybe saved a life during itís time.
    Ď88 (aka The mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    She canít throw to save her life.

Lesson here guys. Donít get into a firefight with her, challenge her to something that requires throwing things.
    Listen, Iím not very good at the throwing thing! Or the catching thing...

User Info Menu

Looks awesome MM! Perfect name