• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I had the opportunity to shoot this CZ Rami with full Cajunized package today.
    I owned a Rami before & liked it and wanted to see what one was like with the Cajun full upgrade.
    I also wanted to see how it performed compared to the Glock 17.
    I realize my old eyes and hands are the mitigating X factors and your results might not be the same (disclaimer :laugh:).
    The Shadow 2 is in the mix just for the fun of it since I was putting 9mm down the range.
    I get full purchase on the Rami using the 14 rd. magazine; my pinky finger goes underneath the 10 rd. mag.

Glock 17 Specs-Rami specs
    Length: 8.03 in. ------ (Rami: Overall Length: 6.5 in)
    Height: 5.43 in. ----- (Rami: Height: 4.7 in)
    Width: 1.18 in. ------- (Rami: Width: 1.25 in )
    Weight: 22 oz. ------- (Rami: Weight: 25.9 oz)
    Barrel Length: 4.48 in ----- (Rami: Barrel Length: 3.05 in)
    Sights: Fixed -------- (Rami: Sights: Fixed Barrel )
    Safety: Glock Safe System ----- (Rami: Safety: decocker)
    Trigger Action: SA -- (Rami: Trigger: DA/SA)
    Capacity: 17 --------- (Rami: Capacity: 10/14 Magazine)
    Frame: Polymer ----- (Rami: Frame: Aluminum (7075 T6)

The CZ Rami beat out the Glock at every distance (15' - 30') with free hand or on a rest.
    Another day could be another story, some targets were very close.
    But, the Glock will be sold b/c I like CZs over Glocks. I've had four: 42, 43, 26 & this 17.
    The Rami, besides being a "bigger" CC, is sweet enough to provide great range times as well.

Below is the 1st targets with the Rami in my hand.
    All rounds at 21'
    On the right: D/A only on a rest.
    On the left: S/A only on a rest.
    Middle: S/A only shooting free hand.
    The 3rd target (the number 6), was my best, with the 6th target (in torso) the 2nd best.
    yXiDxUH.jpg

The Rami & Glock are neck-to-neck, with the Rami 8 to Glock 7, by numbers.
    21' all on a rest.
    CZ Rami on top
    Glock 17 on bottom.
    CZ Shadow 2 in the middle, just for fun.
    Zekwtek.jpg

The Rami ahead again: 13 to Glock's 11, but visually the Rami had better placement of rounds.
    21' shooting free hand.
    Rami on top.
    Glock 17 on bottom.
    Shadow 2 in middle, again, just for fun.
    XmEHLYL.jpg

Rami again: 6 to Glock's 4.
    30' shooting on a rest.
    Rami/top
    Glock 17/bottom
    Shadow 2/middle
    dcezKxs.jpg

Rami had 5 rds. in the red; Glock 0.
    Rami had 15 rounds in all the circles; Glock 7
    15' shooting free hand.
    Glock 17 1st row on at bottom.
    Rami 2nd and last row at bottom.
    PSKGZeZ.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So I take it you like the pistol?

I sent you a humorous text telling you to read this thread b/c the "verdict" was there. :popcorn:
    I added that I indeed thought I was funny. :)

I loved it. The numbers speak for themselves.
    I can't believe that the Rami with a barrel 1.43" shorter than the Glock 17 & can outshoot the 17: maybe it's just me.
    I can't shoot it very well D/A but fine in S/A: it can't keep up with the Shadow 2, but nothing does.
    I really appreciate you letting me take it to the range. :thumbsup:
    I wish I could post on the CZ thread: I'd love to tell the story. :ingo:
    After having 8 CZs, and selling them all except the Shadow 2, I now have #9, another repeat CZ which I suspect might be the one I had before all liquored up now with more upgrades done to it than I did to the Shadow 2! :lmfao:
    The fact that the Wizard had "touched" it was the big draw since I have had 2 other guns he's touched and have so much respect for the care he does in his work, plus he is a stellar guy. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Hey Doddg, if you happen to find a good carry holster please pass the info along. I have been looking for a RH OWB that is a good fit for my Rami but haven't really found anything yet that appeals to me.

I tried the holster finder on Midway but wasn't too impressed with the results.

Nice shooting, your skills continue to improve!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Hey Doddg, if you happen to find a good carry holster please pass the info along. I have been looking for a RH OWB that is a good fit for my Rami but haven't really found anything yet that appeals to me.

Wright Leather Works IWB/OWB. Pricey but worth it.

441b818405dfe3cf1ca03ffc071085dd.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I was actually looking up holsters yesterday myself and found it thin pickings.
    I can’t even remember what I had when I owned my last Rami.
    The thought went through my head to try out a couple of Holster’s I bought for my S/W 5906, but of course that never works.:)

as far as the shooting goes,
    I am to the point with my eyes where I’m simply using “the Force,“ to guide me, unless of course, I have a scope or red dot. ;)

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

A follow up:
    I did try to put the Rami in to the OWB and IWB for the SW 5906 and I could squeeze it in.
    The 0WB was easier than the IWB
    I’m getting a nice Desantis 0WB with the gun, though.

Last edited:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    A follow up:
    I did try to put the Rami in to the OWB and IWB for the SW 5906 and I could squeeze it in.
    The 0WB was easier than the IWB
    I’m getting a nice dissenters 0WB with the gun, though.

I tried using the same holster for my Kimber TLE II but it was a tight fit. I figured it would stretch out enough eventually but it would ruin it for my 45. The Rami has actually got several trips to the range this winter. For EDC it still isn't at the top of the list but I have developed a hankerin' for carrying it OWB.

Thanks to mcapo for the link. I'm kind of liking the Predator or the Marshall.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    RAMI + Wizard = equals happiness. This is a known fact among the enlightened. Congrats, doddg ! :yesway:

Well said. :thumbsup:
    I am tickled pink to now have two CZs & both have been Wizardized! :rockwoot:
    The largest CZ & the smallest CZ: reflecting the polarity of my personality. :laugh:
    To get the full Cajun kit done by the Wizard was too good to pass up since I'm more interested in finding quality at this point: for the "keeper" list.
    I've only 1 gun (CZ Shadow 2) that I've had more than a year, with my best two .22LR pistols getting close, so I have a short "keeper" list. :)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I asked the owner of this gun about the sights, b/c they didn't seem anything special at the range. :scratch:
    I like the big 3 dot white dots like Glock and others have.
    He said to set the gun out on my dresser at night.
    The Meprolight night sights that were put on the Rami actually glow in the dark! :rockwoot:
    Very cool! :thumbsup:

I even have had guns with "burnt out" sights, and I have painted red over them so I could see.
    I even replaced perfectly good green optic sights with red before just b/c my eyes seem to do better with red.

Metprolight advertisement info:
    Meprolight Tritium Night Sights are outstanding for their any-light performance.
    The illuminated reticles require no battery, and they are virtually maintenance-free, so even though they're a technologically advanced gun sight.
    Meprolight Tritium Sights are incredibly easy to use.
    The tritium powered gun sights are combat-proven to be a perfect fail-safe option for tactical, hunting and sport shooting purposes.
    Most popular weapons have a Meprolight Night Sight in both a fixed and adjustable model, so regardless of your needs there is a great option available.
    Tritium power will provide light in any weather condition for up to 15 years.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I tried using the same holster for my Kimber TLE II but it was a tight fit. I figured it would stretch out enough eventually but it would ruin it for my 45. The Rami has actually got several trips to the range this winter. For EDC it still isn't at the top of the list but I have developed a hankerin' for carrying it OWB.

Thanks to mcapo for the link. I'm kind of liking the Predator or the Marshall.

You might want to check Tucker Gun Leather and see if they have one.

I have holsters from WLW, ETW, and Tucker. I only buy from Tucker now.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am wearing the Rami in my ankle holster all day to try it out.
    It’s a little bigger than my normal revolver’s and 9 mm that I carry so I might break down and buy another ankle holster.
    I checked my bag and I have three other ankle holsters but unfortunately they’re all small-ish.
    I think I’ll go by Jennings at 21st/ Shadeland and pick another one up.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was comparing the specs between my Sig 938 and the Rami to evaluate my CC options.
    Just using a ruler for a quick measure the Rami is 1/2" longer and only a tad higher (with 7 rd. mag in 938), with the width a bit wider.
    This is same enough for ankle CC (barely), but not for pocket CC.
    It is nice to have options if I want to use a larger CC with greater capacity.

Top Bottom