Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: Dan Wesson DWX

Plinker

User Info Menu

Dan Wesson DWX

So ever since I first saw this gun, I've been intrigued. I've always had a passion for 1911's. I don't think you can beat the feel of a nice 1911 trigger. Shooting USPSA I've gone to Striker Fired guns just for the extra round capacity over a single stack. I currently shoot production division with a Sig X5 Legion. I've debated stepping up to a limited gun. I'd love a 2011 someday, but that just isn't in the cards at the moment. But the DWX has my attention. A double stack steel frame gun with 1911 style fire controls, an MSRP of $1799, and reasonably priced mags. Is this the perfect entry into Limited Division?
    USPSA - A116059

User Info Menu

I checked it out at Shot Show. Seems like a cool concept. I would want to make sure they run and magazines are available before making that call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Mags readily available P10 mags if memory serves. The compact model is on my buy list for this year
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Dean is right the p10 mags fit the 9mm and p09 fit the 40. And I hope they release them soon.

User Info Menu

Dan Wesson DWX

I specifically asked DW about magazines for 40. (40 required to score major in limited). The New magazines are ordered but not available yet. They are p09 magazines with an additional hole cut for the mag catch. The mag catch hole height would be critical to proper feeding. Not something I would want to mess with modifying the magazines if avoidable.

Its a very cool concept. Im curious how it will perform.

CZ TSOs are available for the same price point and have a proven track record. Trigger feels very comparable on both. The DWX trigger feels good but its not the same as a custom 2011 out of the box. It would be very debatable today that the TSO would be the better entry into shooting Limited Major. When the DWX gets in the market and the quirks understood it could be an awesome option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cjcycles; 02-06-2020 at 06:37.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have to admit, I've not shot a TSO. None of the CZ options have really grabbed my attention. Not really sje why. think what has grabbed my attention with the DWX is the 1911 blend. My normal carry is a 1911, so it appeals to me to have the same or at least very similar controls. I'm hoping the DWX gives me the ergonomics that I'll enjoy. Plus it's shiny and new and that always grabs attention. Will definitely need to make sure mags are available and the reliability is there before I make the jump.
    USPSA - A116059

User Info Menu

Id love to see DW make this a standard part of the lineup offered in a variety of configs. Specifically, Id like to see a .40 compact in stainless using P07 mags.
    88 (aka The mad scientist)

User Info Menu

I have no interest in the full-size but the compact looks interesting.