• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    So ever since I first saw this gun, I've been intrigued. I've always had a passion for 1911's. I don't think you can beat the feel of a nice 1911 trigger. Shooting USPSA I've gone to Striker Fired guns just for the extra round capacity over a single stack. I currently shoot production division with a Sig X5 Legion. I've debated stepping up to a limited gun. I'd love a 2011 someday, but that just isn't in the cards at the moment. But the DWX has my attention. A double stack steel frame gun with 1911 style fire controls, an MSRP of $1799, and reasonably priced mags. Is this the perfect entry into Limited Division?

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    I checked it out at Shot Show. Seems like a cool concept. I would want to make sure they run and magazines are available before making that call.

4056233035ce3293e0ced88c039b627e.jpg
    7e7e7d6d90689169ced5abdcddf00ec8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    I specifically asked DW about magazines for 40. (40 required to score major in limited). The New magazines are ordered but not available yet. They are p09 magazines with an additional hole cut for the mag catch. The mag catch hole height would be critical to proper feeding. Not something I would want to mess with modifying the magazines if avoidable.

It’s a very cool concept. I’m curious how it will perform.

CZ TSOs are available for the same price point and have a proven track record. Trigger feels very comparable on both. The DWX trigger feels good but it’s not the same as a custom 2011 out of the box. It would be very debatable today that the TSO would be the better entry into shooting Limited Major. When the DWX gets in the market and the quirks understood it could be an awesome option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    I have to admit, I've not shot a TSO. None of the CZ options have really grabbed my attention. Not really sje why. think what has grabbed my attention with the DWX is the 1911 blend. My normal carry is a 1911, so it appeals to me to have the same or at least very similar controls. I'm hoping the DWX gives me the ergonomics that I'll enjoy. Plus it's shiny and new and that always grabs attention. Will definitely need to make sure mags are available and the reliability is there before I make the jump.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’d love to see DW make this a standard part of the lineup offered in a variety of configs. Specifically, I’d like to see a .40 compact in stainless using P07 mags.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I had five minutes before an appointment recently and shot off an email to DW about the DWX.

No update in estimated release date - we will be waiting a while. Hopefully the initial price tag will encourage fewer flippers than the Springfield hi-power has seen. The Dan Wesson Facebook page gets comments about the DWX when they post yet another 1911 gun that they are producing. So it's not just INGO who are waiting on it.

Also asked if the compact may be fitted and an ambidextrous 1911 safety and was given the very comforting answer of "I don't know, but probably."

I didn't think to ask if it'll be released in 40 as well as 9 to start, but I wouldn't get hopes up given the lack of priority in 40 from CZ.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Based off of postings from a DW employee on another forum apparently Dan Wesson was impacted pretty hard by Covid with then being in New York their factory was shut down for basically 6 months~. Then with the CZ aqusition of Colt I am sure the Dan Wesson guys are going to hopefully get involved (as they did when CZ made a 1911 truth be told those were almost totally done by Dan Wesson).

Then if you want another instance of CZ vapor ware that takes years to become reality look at how long the CZ Custom A0-1 was in development.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    As of now, it seems that this is on hold indefinitely (Trigger warning, it's from their FB page):

We know that many of you have been anxiously awaiting an update on the DWX, and as you all know, the COVID-19 Pandemic has drastically effected businesses world-wide through lockdowns, illness, and supply chain issues. Dan Wesson has been no exception. Over the last year, we have come close to being able to ship the DWX multiple times, but each attempt has been met with obstacles and set-backs along the way. Due to these delays, and challenges we continue to face, we have decided to halt promotion of the DWX. We understand that this will be a disappointment to many—us included—however, we pride ourselves on quality and we want to ensure that every pistol that leaves our facilities can meet the standards that we have set and that our customers deserve. We will continue to be committed to the DWX project until it meets these standards.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So ever since I first saw this gun, I've been intrigued. I've always had a passion for 1911's. I don't think you can beat the feel of a nice 1911 trigger. Shooting USPSA I've gone to Striker Fired guns just for the extra round capacity over a single stack. I currently shoot production division with a Sig X5 Legion. I've debated stepping up to a limited gun. I'd love a 2011 someday, but that just isn't in the cards at the moment. But the DWX has my attention. A double stack steel frame gun with 1911 style fire controls, an MSRP of $1799, and reasonably priced mags. Is this the perfect entry into Limited Division?
    Keep your eyes out for a used 2011. Solid STI Edges come up for sale at less than that price point fairly often. You’ll have a proven pistol with endless aftermarket support.

Top Bottom