Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Which sub $1000 1911?

I've been kicking around the idea of getting back into the 1911 game after the turd I had before. I upped my budget to $1000 this time. It will mainly be a range gun, I already have an XDm Compact 3.8 for carrying. Ive been mainly looking at Springfield because my XDm has been flawless through the years. I am open to other brands though.

So for all the 1911 guys, if you had $1000 to spend on a new 1911 right now, what would you go with?

User Info Menu

For this budget I'd happily recommend the Ruger SR1911 all day long. The ones I've owned and shot have been completely reliable and plenty accurate. I would also recommend them over Springfields if the plan is to remain stock. I have not been impressed with a variety of stock Springfield 1911 triggers out of the box, whereas the Ruger stock triggers have all been consistently pleasant. I also like that the plunger tube on Rugers is part of the frame, not staked on. I had a plunger tube come unstaked on me with a S&W E-Series and it ended the range day for that pistol.

If you can be patient, you could luck into a used Dan Wesson for at or under this price right here in the INGO classifieds. I swear The Wizard sold a Pointman for a friend recently and the asking price was around $900. Going the DW route would IMHO not require any upgrades (other than maybe grips to your liking) that you may otherwise be inclined/want to do with one of the mid-pack factory offerings.
    Last edited by Hopper; 2 Weeks Ago at 13:00.
    Liberalism: a religion pretending to be a political movement.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

That's a decent price for the Colt.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well....uh.......I got nothing man.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    This guy went full Brussel Sprouts.

The Constitution: It doesn’t need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
    INGO # 23,621

User Info Menu

A used DW would be my first choice, my second choice isnt really a 1911 but a Sig Nightmare is a nice iron.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rkwhyte2 View Post
    That's a decent price for the Colt.
    Prices on Colts now are very competitive, they've shifted most models now back to the 'series 70' system as well.

User Info Menu

These are hitting the shelves now, a lot of gun for the money for less than 700.00.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...erator-45-acp/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-DuCo View Post
    I've been kicking around the idea of getting back into the 1911 game after the turd I had before. I upped my budget to $1000 this time. It will mainly be a range gun, I already have an XDm Compact 3.8 for carrying. Ive been mainly looking at Springfield because my XDm has been flawless through the years. I am open to other brands though.

So for all the 1911 guys, if you had $1000 to spend on a new 1911 right now, what would you go with?
    springfield Armory.
    Matthew 6.21

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drillsgt View Post
    These are hitting the shelves now, a lot of gun for the money for less than 700.00.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...erator-45-acp/
    As much as I feel contempt for the marque this is a great piece for the money. It will outshine the Ruger no problems.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

That's an awful lot of love for a company so willing to sell your rights down the river.

Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast