• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm pretty certain the E-Series lineup is all series 70, no firing pin block. At one time I had an SC-E Commander round butt and it was definitely a 70 series. But I'm not sure about their other 1911 offerings.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    When you say Series 70 or 80, I am assuming you mean rather it has a firing pin block or not? Some people would argue a 1911 with an external extractor is neither since its not a "real" 1911 (:stickpoke:).

I can't give you a definitive answer but I will tell you that my newer SW 1911 are (or have been) Series 70 and the older models (billboard era) are Series 80. I believe the switch from 80-70 happened with the introduction of the E-Series about a decade ago.

The lack of firing pin block which can be easily seen with the slide racked back...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When you say Series 70 or 80, I am assuming you mean rather it has a firing pin block or not? Some people would argue a 1911 with an external extractor is neither since its not a "real" 1911 (:stickpoke:).

I can't give you a definitive answer but I will tell you that my newer SW 1911 are (or have been) Series 70 and the older models (billboard era) are Series 80. I believe the switch from 80-70 happened with the introduction of the E-Series about a decade ago.

The lack of firing pin block which can be easily seen with the slide racked back...

:p

Top Bottom