Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: S&W 1911

User Info Menu

S&W 1911

Is a S&W 1911 still a series 80?
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

User Info Menu

I'm pretty certain the E-Series lineup is all series 70, no firing pin block. At one time I had an SC-E Commander round butt and it was definitely a 70 series. But I'm not sure about their other 1911 offerings.

User Info Menu

When you say Series 70 or 80, I am assuming you mean rather it has a firing pin block or not? Some people would argue a 1911 with an external extractor is neither since its not a "real" 1911 ().

I can't give you a definitive answer but I will tell you that my newer SW 1911 are (or have been) Series 70 and the older models (billboard era) are Series 80. I believe the switch from 80-70 happened with the introduction of the E-Series about a decade ago.

The lack of firing pin block which can be easily seen with the slide racked back...
    Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.

In my opinion, the M-1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised. - Lieutenant General George S. Patton, Jr.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcapo View Post
    When you say Series 70 or 80, I am assuming you mean rather it has a firing pin block or not? Some people would argue a 1911 with an external extractor is neither since its not a "real" 1911 ().

I can't give you a definitive answer but I will tell you that my newer SW 1911 are (or have been) Series 70 and the older models (billboard era) are Series 80. I believe the switch from 80-70 happened with the introduction of the E-Series about a decade ago.

The lack of firing pin block which can be easily seen with the slide racked back...
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Mine is.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".