• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yep, saw this on one of The Firearm Blog's YouTube channels and I was like "That's kinda cool, I'd buy one" and then James mentioned the price and I laughed and I laughed and my dog looked at me with concern.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    What do they mean "fixed barrel"? Does the barrel not incline when the slide is racked?
    No it doesn't tilt at all. Check out the link I believe they have an animation of the gun in action.

Just looked again that the web site and no animation but several photos of the pistol with the slide pulled back. Only the sides move the top of the slide stays in place.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    la-alien-i-02.jpg

la-alien-i-04.jpg

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    The fixed barrel design is reminiscent of several types of .22 LR handguns but the engineering to implement this design in 9mm is simply amazing. The design looks simple and elegant too.

Two things I want:

1. Chamber the Alien in the 7.5 BRNO round.
    2. Win a BIG lottery jackpot. :D

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    The $5k price tag is for the initial “limited” release that comes with both slides (optic/no optic) a red dot, holster and its signed by the designer. Not that all that makes it worth $5k.

however, all indications are that they will release a more consumer oriented version that will come with less of the extras. I think of it were $2500 it would be worth it.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    The fixed barrel design is reminiscent of several types of .22 LR handguns but the engineering to implement this design in 9mm is simply amazing. The design looks simple and elegant too.

This looks like a redesign of the CZ Kadet features; fixed barrel, fixed top/bottom of slide with only the middle of the slide reciprocating.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    This looks like a redesign of the CZ Kadet features; fixed barrel, fixed top/bottom of slide with only the middle of the slide reciprocating.

I was thinking more along the lines of the S&W 622 and Browning Buckmark but the Kadet is another good comparison for the design.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The barrel being so low in the center line of the gun is amazing. Do this is a 10m and I am :drool:

How low that barrel sits is incredible. A 10mm would be interesting, from the physics stand point. That’s a lot of energy for what is essentially a blow back.

The low barrel is a big thing that separates it from the 22 designs mentioned above, at least to me. The Kadet/S&Ws/BuckMark all have the barrel in line with the slide, compares to the Alien where the barrel is below the slide.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    So if this design is legit, how long until the domestic makers pick up on it? Or, due to complexity of machining and less-than-standard-design will it forever remain a "boutique" gun?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    How low that barrel sits is incredible. A 10mm would be interesting, from the physics stand point. That’s a lot of energy for what is essentially a blow back.

The low barrel is a big thing that separates it from the 22 designs mentioned above, at least to me. The Kadet/S&Ws/BuckMark all have the barrel in line with the slide, compares to the Alien where the barrel is below the slide.

The Kadet and BuckMark do have their barrels in line with the slide but that is not the case with the S&W 622/422. The bulk of the slide on the 622/422 is above the barrel... still though, the barrel is not nearly as low as on the Alien.

Top Bottom