• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This may have been posted before, but I don't remember seeing it if so.
    I found it interesting. I don't necessarily agree with it either.

[video=youtube;YAd3ZwZzow8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAd3ZwZzow8[/video]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Springfield Armory, lol. If anyone who owns one, hates the company so much, I will be willing to take them off your hands.

I don't agree with a lot of what's in this world but I'm not going to boycott everything that I disagree with.

I already have American Express and Patagonia on my list of brands to avoid. That's enough.:)

BTW, my 1911 didn't make his list.:(

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I can glean info from most YouTube gun related vids, even the not so good ones. Not the Yankee Marshall, won't even attempt to watch his BS.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It certainly wouldn't have been my list, but I know there are some things that bother me that don't bother other people.
    I have to admit to having a growing urge to buy a SA TRP just because I am not supposed to...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It certainly wouldn't have been my list, but I know there are some things that bother me that don't bother other people.
    I have to admit to having a growing urge to buy a SA TRP just because I am not supposed to...

I have owned and do now own TRP's. They are solid as a rock and respond to my modifications very well. If we boycott every gun maker that steps over the line we would be very limited as to whats available. My issues with Springer are from some :poop: poor customer service and some smart ass CS reps. Straight up lied to me more than once. ****em. I will never buy another new Springer. Ever. Used is another story.
    10 is a fairly long list and what he put out is not my list but as mentioned...….to each their own.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    At least Dan Wesson got 3 of the top 5, but two Kimbers and a couple Sigs Jesus talk about not knowing anything at all about 1911's.

But then again I consider TYM to be either the "ultimate Boomer" or "the ultimate fudd"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At least Dan Wesson got 3 of the top 5, but two Kimbers and a couple Sigs Jesus talk about not knowing anything at all about 1911's.

But then again I consider TYM to be either the "ultimate Boomer" or "the ultimate fudd"

The man is an idiot. The Kimber thing makes me, well...….:puke:

But my opinions and a couple of bucks will get you a bad cup of :coffee: so I know my worth.

I need to figure out this whole "Boomer" thing because I am a boomer by generation....:dunno:

Color me ignorant OK

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The man is an idiot. The Kimber thing makes me, well...….:puke:

But my opinions and a couple of bucks will get you a bad cup of :coffee: so I know my worth.

I need to figure out this whole "Boomer" thing because I am a boomer by generation....:dunno:

Color me ignorant OK

I think we could find a decent cup of coffee for a couple bucks. Especially if I'm buying. People tend to enjoy other folks coffee.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Watched the video. And I knew better. I can't get that 12 minutes back. Two on the list (maybe 3) I agreed with. And given he's talking about production 1911s, I seriously don't understand why he left the Ruger SR1911 off the list. I'm totally fine getting flamed for saying this, but I'd take the SR1911 over a Colt or Kimber every single time. But like TYM, this is just my opinion, which to be fair was the spirit of his video too.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    A few people here may also be Glock Talk members and know of GT'er "BAC".

If you don't know him by name, you 1911 fans may know about 1911addicts.com. And if not - perhaps now you have another forum to peruse and glean knowledge from.

Anyhow - "BAC" owns that particular site.

That dude is a top 1911 connoisseur. Like - I'm pretty sure that he has enough invested in full-house custom and semi-custom 1911 pistols that he could buy a nice house with the $. That's not to mention all the hundreds of other handgun he collects (of which, he could also probably buy a nice house with)

I say that because for eons upon eons - he carried a Kimber 1911. I even think it was an external extractor one from the Dark Years.

That said - I don't know if A) he still does or B) if he's a class-taker and/or a power user of said Kimber.

But when a guy has access to multiple 1911 pistols that cost into low 5-digit realm - that should mean something. I'm not sure what - but something.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Not at that price point. Nope.
    But many would I am sure.
    We aren't talking price points though, just all production 1911s. Besides I think you can get the Colt for about $500 less than retail or maybe even less than that.
    That is the problem I have with some of those Dan Wessons. I can buy a Les Baer or Ed Brown for about the same price.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We aren't talking price points though, just all production 1911s. Besides I think you can get the Colt for about $500 less than retail or maybe even less than that.
    That is the problem I have with some of those Dan Wessons. I can buy a Les Baer or Ed Brown for about the same price.

As I have come to find the offerings from the Standard Marque to be the equal of or exceed some of the Dan Wesson’s in the $1.5K price Point that they are missing from the list is curious. I would rank the north of Sig/Kimber regardless. Never been a Sig fan for my own reasons. No knock on the Marque just not a real 1911 to me. Again just my opinion. Far to many folks own and swears by them

Top Bottom