• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I ran across a comparison video the other day in and ad about the Sig Sauer 938 & the Springfield 911, and the price of the Springfield was on sale somewhere at Gun Deals for $369 (low enough to get my attention :)).
    I don't intend to run out and buy it since I have a used 938 I picked up months ago at a great price with 4 mags included with the box, after never seeing one anywhere near the price I got it for.

Everyone knows that the Sig938 serves its niche great & I enjoy mine after having many other micro & subcompact CC/pocket type guns.
    Just curious about the Springfield 911 and whether it has proven to be reliable like the 938.
    Anyone have one or read reviews about them?

Springfield 911 9mm
    377UyyM.png

Price: $369.99
    Springfield 911 9mm 3" Pistol with Hogue Grips, Black - $369.99

https://gun.deals/product/springfie...utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter-1911

Length
    Height
    Width
    Weight
    Barrel

Sig Sauer P938 Nitron
    5.9"
    3.9"
    1.1"
    16 oz
    3"

Springfield 911 9mm
    5.9"
    3.9"
    1"
    15.3 oz
    3"

Sig Sauer P938 Nitron9mm Luger
    6 +1 (9mm Luger)

Springfield 911 9mm
    9mm Luger
    6 +1 (9mm Luger)
    7 +1 (9mm Luger)
    Sig Sauer
    P938 Nitron
    SAO
    Springfield
    911 9mm
    SAO

Last edited:

badmotorscooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Mooresville
    I have been looking into them recently. I've only looked at reviews thus far, haven't looked at one in person. It appears they are the same gun as the barrels swap over, though the nod seems to go to Springfield for trigger.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have been looking into them recently. I've only looked at reviews thus far, haven't looked at one in person. It appears they are the same gun as the barrels swap over, though the nod seems to go to Springfield for trigger.

I'd like to shoot the Springfield since I love to compare guns with each other.
    I just called Point Blank, they don't have one in their rental section or I'd have at it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you haven't already look at this video from Marksman Shooting Sports (in Westfield I think).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1oyzA--vt0

That shop is one of my favorites, and Chris was so helpful as I bought some of my first guns there nearly 3 yrs. ago.
    I had seen that vid & forgot (I check his sight out every few days since he had THE best used gun prices I've seen anywhere, but they usually sell before I can get up there since I've moved further south.
    Thanks for reminding me of this vid. :thumbsup:
    It is a good intro.
    At this point I want to hear from those who have put 1000 rounds through it.
    Although, I bought a gun once that scored well in a "shoot-out" of all small CC guns, but when I bought one, it wouldn't cycle properly: go figure! :dunno:

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Just took mine to the range for 2nd time. Both times failure to feed. Usually get about 3-4 rounds down range, then next one goes about 3?4 the way in and sticks. You have to put slight pressure on the back of the slide and push it in, or eject it. Just emailed today about it. Got a killer deal price wise, but unsure of its future at this point. A little frustrating. Never had an issue out of the box. After first time, took apart and gave a good cleaning and oiled it up, same issue after about four rounds. Like the gun if this can be taken care of.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just took mine to the range for 2nd time. Both times failure to feed. Usually get about 3-4 rounds down range, then next one goes about 3?4 the way in and sticks. You have to put slight pressure on the back of the slide and push it in, or eject it. Just emailed today about it. Got a killer deal price wise, but unsure of its future at this point. A little frustrating. Never had an issue out of the box. After first time, took apart and gave a good cleaning and oiled it up, same issue after about four rounds. Like the gun if this can be taken care of.

I feel your pain b/c I've had semi-autos that wouldn't go fully into battery.
    In the past I've panicked, but got help from others to calm me down.
    One guy that I really liked & is an old-head here, even took the gun back I'd bought & it was so embarrassing b/c he just cleaned & oiled it up & it was fine.
    I was working still & under alot of pressure at the time & didn't want to mess with it.

My 1911-22 clones will do that, & I've even bought a better recoil spring for the GSG, but still has the tendency & I'll have to push the slide fully forward the last 1/4 - 1/2 inch.
    I've learned that beside good oiling and not using the slide release for chambering the 1st round from a fresh magazine, but using the slingshot method (pulling slide back and releasing quickly) will do the job.

I just sold my Colt/Walther 1911 clone & fully disclosed this tendency to the buyer exactly what it would do in this regard.
    It had never bothered me enough to get a stronger spring for it like I did the GSG, b/c usually keeping it clean & the slingshot method would work.

Didn't have any issues with my Sig 938 9mm & now I have a Sig 938-22 that does fine as well (didn't know they even had a dedicated 938-22 earlir).

Good cleaning, nice oiling, perhaps using a different ammo: hopefully it will "cure" itself.

Top Bottom