New XDm Elite Precision 5.25 - Am I Elite Yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    After agonizing over which of the many entry-level competition handguns to buy, I finally chose the newly introduced Springfield XDm Elite Precision 5.25. The contenders were the M&P PC M2.0 5", the CZ P10F, , the Walther Q5 Match, the Canik TP9SFx or the Bersa thunder Pro XT, but in the end I chose the XDm Elite 5.25.

I have had experience with all of the pistols above, except for the Bersa and the CZ, so I was pretty sure what to expect from most of the contenders. The final decision was just made in my gut, as I believed that the Croation pistol must have something up its sleeve to try to win back some of their lagging sales in the competitive circles. I think my gut feel was right on, since this Elite XDm is already performing better than the two previous generation XDms that I owned before. I just might keep this one!

5 Shots from the bench at 25 yards:
    r8krFUDl.jpg

Off hand 10 shots from 10 yards:
    zX9R58Sl.jpg

Last edited:

ISP3435

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Sharp looking pistol and nice shooting. Their optics ready 10mm has been tempting me for quite some time now.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm really happy with my first gen 5.25. It outshoots me, probably always will. It makes me look good in IDPA and the like when I do my part. I bought it used in 2013 and have put quite a few thousand rounds through it since. Never a hiccup. Changed the mag springs and that's it.

I've seen the Elite series and as you have proved, they are good. How's the trigger compared to earlier models?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I'm really happy with my first gen 5.25. It outshoots me, probably always will. It makes me look good in IDPA and the like when I do my part. I bought it used in 2013 and have put quite a few thousand rounds through it since. Never a hiccup. Changed the mag springs and that's it.

I've seen the Elite series and as you have proved, they are good. How's the trigger compared to earlier models?

Tanker,

The trigger was exactly why I sold my last 2 XDm 5.25s. The new Elite trigger is much improved over the original, but still not quite up to the feel of a Springer Precision or a PRP trigger. I will do my normal fluff & buff to the stock trigger, and reserve judgment on a custom trigger job until I have some time with the pistol.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I guess I'm not that much of a pistol trigger snob. The factory one in my 5.25 is fine for me. I tried one with a PRP trigger in it. It was different. I only put one mag through it. Maybe if I ran it for a few hundred rounds I'd feel different about it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    One of the common complaints (aside from complete mechanical failures) is the bore height exaggerating muzzle rise making controlled pairs more difficult than other production / limited / carry optics choices. I've never seen accuracy be a complaint, and it definitely doesn't seem to be one on the elite. If the new trigger means they updated the rest of the guts maybe it will prove to be more reliable too. The grip safety needs to go if they want to compete with other striker pistols in the "competition" market.

Top Bottom