• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    Hi all, I picked up a new to me Colt Custom Competition Stainless Steel 1911. These are from the custom shop and it shows. The fit and finish are every bit as good as my Custom Springfield. It is technically used because I'm not the first owner but it has only a few rounds through it and looks new. I will shoot it in the next few days and report back. Before you ask I for some reason can't post pictures here. If I can figure it out I'll post some.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    What's the difference between the Colt Competition and the Custom Competition?

I have a blued Competition 1911 and a couple folks I know have both the stainless competition Nit bad 1911's

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    The Custom is hand-built and fitted in the Colt Custom shop with all top shelf parts. Looks like I'll be able to take it with me Friday and send a few down range. Looking forward to it and I will report back.

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    For those who want to see the pistol, go to Colt.com and then Custom shop. Scroll down to Custom Competition SS. I am going to try to post a picture of the first 16 rounds at 15 yards rapid fire (about 1 per second). Aiming and slow fire improved the groups. Point shooting at 10 yards produced 1 flyer out on the 8/7 line and the rest in the 9 ring. Good shooter. The only thing I didn't care for was the safety lever and I will probably change it out to something shorter, just my preference. As before this site won't let me download a picture but it shows all 16 rounds in the X and 10 ring.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom