• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jorrell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2020
    Camby
    Looking at two models. The Remington 1911 R1 Ultra Limited Executive and the Sig 1911. 45ACP on both. I gave some thought to a Kimber. Just haven’t found one that was priced right. The R1 is priced at $800 while the Sig is $830.

Thoughts...

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    With the way Remington treats the gun industry, I have to say spend 30 extra bucks and buy the sig
    sig doesn’t buy companies, fire all the employees and move production to a gun hating state like New York!

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Neither. Remington has pretty terrible QC. For Sig, I’ve never understood these companies that feel the need to put external extractors on 1911s, but I guess it’s better than a keyhole lock on a revolver (I’m looking at you S&W, which does both).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Neither. Remington has pretty terrible QC. For Sig, I’ve never understood these companies that feel the need to put external extractors on 1911s, but I guess it’s better than a keyhole lock on a revolver (I’m looking at you S&W, which does both).

:thumbsup:

A lot of folks own and love the sigs 1911-ish offerings. Numbers are hard to argue with and I have no knock on how the Sigs run because they do. Just not a fan.

rmw250

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    Kokomo
    Agree with Indynic...remington has horrible QC and their tolerances are all over the place. Between the 2 my pick would definitely be Sig

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Why not throw a S&W 1911 (I like a good external extractor:welcome:) into the running against the SIG. Both are fine pieces. Kick Remington to the curb.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    If it were me, I would seriously consider spending the extra $300 and getting a Dan Wesson Vigil. They come in multiple configurations all at basically around $1100 and they are significantly higher quality 1911's IMHO.

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    No way would I spend any coin on a Remington. Can't comment on the Sig. I would look for a Springfield Loaded and use the extra coin for magazines and ammo.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Looking at two models. The Remington 1911 R1 Ultra Limited Executive and the Sig 1911. 45ACP on both. I gave some thought to a Kimber. Just haven’t found one that was priced right. The R1 is priced at $800 while the Sig is $830.

Thoughts...

If cost is a concern without sacrificing quality why not aRuger SR 1911 in the lightweight flavor? Mine has been reliable, sports G10 grips, Magwell, and Novak’s sights. For the money hard to beat imo

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No to Sig SauerKraut. Unless of course you live in Germany, drive an illegal VW and like Klunky stuff.

Any suggestions for someone who has a deformed shooting hand, has a sado-masochist love of being pelted in the face with hot brass, and likes stuff from the country that gave us Hitler?

Bonus points if all of their new models were created by taking spray paint and band saws to their old models.

:):

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Any suggestions for someone who has a deformed shooting hand, has a sado-masochist love of being pelted in the face with hot brass, and likes stuff from the country that gave us Hitler?

Bonus points if all of their new models were created by taking spray paint and band saws to their old models.

:):
    Now your talkin. :cool::draw:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I wouldn't buy either for reasons mentioned above. Rather pick up a used colt or something else or save up for something of better quality.

All depends on what you want to do with it. If you just want to shoot it buy a Rock and get a bunch of mags and ammo.

Top Bottom