Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Recommend plain black blade for Ruger MK III 22/45?

I have a Ruger MK III 22/45 and would like to replace the front sight (light pipe) with a plain black blade. Any recommendations?

User Info Menu

I replaced my plain black blade with a fiber optic. To each his own.
    NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach
    Life's biggest regrets are the things not said and chances not taken

User Info Menu

I’ve looked through my Norma places for Ruger parts and I don’t see a Blain black sight for the MkIII Lite.
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

User Info Menu

Some of the fiber optic sights have a replacement pipes and some contain opaque one in the kit. I have put a white one on my Browning 725 shotgun. You should not be looking at the front bead on a shotgun, so FO is a bad option.

I made one from a toothpick for my MkII that has FO sight. If you do not want FO, replace with opaque, then it is just like a blade front sight. If there is not an opaque replacement, take a replacement pipe you will not use and darken with a Sharpie. Or make one like I did. If you want to do action sports, put in a FO pipe that glows. Best of both worlds.

User Info Menu

Bingo!
    Now just to decide re height.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2192628415