• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am not exactly sure how to describe this, or what the cause is - perhaps someone can enlighten me.

With the hammer cocked back fully, if you slowly pull the trigger, you hit a point where the hammer is released and it's effectively in DA mode - that is the full spring weight suddenly appears on the trigger and you can release the trigger at that point and let the hammer down gently.

If you continue pulling a slight bit more, it will fire.

It is like the two actions - releasing the hammer and ... um... releasing the hammer to go bang, are out of order.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Not helpful but I agree it seems to be out of time. Perhaps some failed home-gunsmithing in the past? Is this new? did you do something to it? did you just notice it but haven't made any changes?

I have a different gun that does the same thing... normal shooting it's fine but if you go slow enough, the hammer falls about halfway then stops. keep pulling and it releases again and bang. I chalk that one up to just being a lower-quality clone (Chiappa MC14 now sold as the Zenith MC14. closed-top slide clone of a Beretta 84f). I don't have that problem with my CZ83 but haven't tried finding it either.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's surplus, so no telling its history. I've only sparsely shot it.

My other CZ-82 works fine.

I guess it's true, "One is none, two is one."

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It sounds like an issue with the trigger bar and/or disconnector. I would suspect somebody took it apart and didn't get everything just right when they put it back together. The CZ-82 can be tricky to reassemble.
    You could try taking the grip off and repeat the steps you are doing with the trigger but manually push gently on the trigger bar while doing it. Try pushing up slightly or other directions and see if that changes the behavior. Pay very close attention to the way the disconnector works. Of course make sure it is clean enough that that parts move freely so it can function properly and any springs are installed right.
    If I remember right they make different disconnectors.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I took off the grips and slide, cleaned it extra good... it still has a issue if the gun is level, pointed up or down and it's fine.

I couldn't see any issue, but the workings are too complicated for me, so I put it back together and into a box.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I took off the grips and slide, cleaned it extra good... it still has a issue if the gun is level, pointed up or down and it's fine.

I couldn't see any issue, but the workings are too complicated for me, so I put it back together and into a box.

They are one of the most irritating to completely disassemble and reassemble but you probably don't have to go that far most of the time.
    If you do decide to dig a little deeper, there are some good videos I have found to follow along.
    With yours I would first check the springs (trigger spring, sear spring) to verify they are installed correctly and again - study the disconnector actions.

Top Bottom