What a Glock SHOULD have been, no plastic.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Just kidding guys.. I know that title ruffled some of you glock fan boys feathers.

I just completed my G34 build. I kind of went all out and literally replaced everything I could that was made out of plastic, with some form of steel or alloy. Why you may ask. Well cause I can. Just wanted to do it because I haven't seen it before. Only thing I couldn't really change was the plastic guide rod due to the CCF frame. It was highly recommended that only a plastic guide rod was used in tandem with a factory glock barrel, so that you do not damage the frame. I couldn't find a mag release I wanted so I made one haha. Sometimes you just gotta do it yourself.

I call it the Mandalorian... "Weapons are part of my religion." "This is the way."

Vn5WN4v.jpg

3DPo2pO.jpg

JUqmiZi.jpg

6ZqzoDO.jpg

CL93ymi.jpg

NGF0Y9G.jpg

6foXRxf.jpg

NYjUujs.jpg

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    That's a really cool gun and I think the effort was worth it for the trolling alone. The only thing that would make it even more troll worthy would be a manual safety.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Very nice. Weight? Weight difference?

Does it feel like a Glock? That is the thing that turns me off about Glock.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    All that work to put a holosun on it though...
    My personal experience with Holosun is superior to my "trijicon" experience.. Holosun is a great optic for the money.

[FONT=&amp, Times New Roman, serif]NRA Life Member / [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Basic Pistol instructor[/FONT][FONT=&amp, Times New Roman, serif] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp, Times New Roman, serif]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp, Times New Roman, serif]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Edit: Nevermind, stupid question. I just looked up CCF Raceframes.

Some features looked like it was sand cast.

Last edited:

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Edit: Nevermind, stupid question. I just looked up CCF Raceframes.

Some features looked like it was sand cast.

Definitely cast or possibly MIM, traces of parting line on the frame.

My personal experience with Holosun is superior to my "trijicon" experience.. Holosun is a great optic for the money.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

I've run several optics before Eotech, aimpoint, trijicon and so far all I've gotten what I've paid for. Never had a holosun, I've heard a lot of good things. My initial impression, I've been very pleased and truthfully will most likely go with one on future builds.

Bet you could sell those mag releases.

If I was tooled up better possibly. Kind of a one off job with this frame, factory glock mag release fit but was sloppy. Cut to fit with this mag release essentially.

A really nice clean job. How accurate is it to any distance up to 25'?

No range report yet, but I'll keep it posted.

Very nice. Weight? Weight difference?

Does it feel like a Glock? That is the thing that turns me off about Glock.

As far a weight going its heavier than a full size 1911, havent got a chance to get an exact number but you can definitely tell a difference between the two.

The grip is slightly different than a factory glock, but I honestly cant really tell personally. My hands will readily interchange from 1911s to glocks almost unnoticed, idk why, thats the case just with me. Takes a really bad grip for me to start noticing it. But overall this one is comfortable to me.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks, I am a 1911 guy from my Army days. I recommend new shooters to 9MM.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I've run several optics before Eotech, aimpoint, trijicon and so far all I've gotten what I've paid for. Never had a holosun, I've heard a lot of good things. My initial impression, I've been very pleased and truthfully will most likely go with one on future builds.

I've given them multiple chances. 3 warranty trips for a single micro rds before I got one that had machined holes for the mounting screws vs glued in screws. I needed the low mount. 3 different models because the first was oop, second went oop in the month I had it... Garbage qc and manufacturing processes. Sig at least gets the firsts, Holosun seems to get silkscreened on the seconds.

My rmr is Mr dependable, all of my trijicon is good to go though. My mro's are always g2g. Aimpoints have not failed me, my eotechs have always been g2g (even in the cold)

Everyone defends holosun because they are cheap, shops defend them because they have big margins. You hear the jaga argument all the time, it's just not the case. I also take into account that most people don't treat their stuff as hard as I do.

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    I've given them multiple chances. 3 warranty trips for a single micro rds before I got one that had machined holes for the mounting screws vs glued in screws. I needed the low mount. 3 different models because the first was oop, second went oop in the month I had it... Garbage qc and manufacturing processes. Sig at least gets the firsts, Holosun seems to get silkscreened on the seconds.

My rmr is Mr dependable, all of my trijicon is good to go though. My mro's are always g2g. Aimpoints have not failed me, my eotechs have always been g2g (even in the cold)

Everyone defends holosun because they are cheap, shops defend them because they have big margins. You hear the jaga argument all the time, it's just not the case. I also take into account that most people don't treat their stuff as hard as I do.

Worst case scenario the holosun 407 and 507 uses the same footprint as the rmr thats one reason why I didn't it. Things dont work out I'll switch it over.

Price wise I wouldn't say theyre cheap. Some of the optics they have are pretty comparable in price to eotech and aimpoint.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I really like the finished product and could only think of one thing that would make it better if I were to try that. G10 grip panels would be fantastic on that gun but I don’t know if there would be enough frame material to do that if the raised areas on the grip where machined out.

That’s a really cool project as is though.

Top Bottom