• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Got my Hellcat a week ago. Put a Shield RMSc on it yesterday. Took it to the range, ran the target out to 25 yards, shot a 6 shot group. 2.75". Five of the shots were in 2". I'm pleased.

kmish105

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2019
    laporte
    so far are you pretty impressed with the hellcat? i carry a glock 43 now with a lasermax. i like it but ive tossed around the idea of getting a p365 just because i think it has a better feel than the glock. do you have any experience or an opinion between those 3?

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'd like to buy the OSP version like you purchased to rotate thru my edc selection of Agency Arms 43X, stock G43 and hopefully the S/A Hellcat.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    so far are you pretty impressed with the hellcat? i carry a glock 43 now with a lasermax. i like it but ive tossed around the idea of getting a p365 just because i think it has a better feel than the glock. do you have any experience or an opinion between those 3?

I love it. Best carry pistol I've had. I don't know anything about the Glock - I don't like them because I can't get the grip angle to work for me. I considered the P365, but the Hellcat had too many features I liked better, and apparently no one has been able to get them to hiccup no matter what they've done to it. Also the 1 more capacity is nice - probably more mental than anything, but I still like the idea of having 14 rounds in a pistol that small. As to the P365, the only thing I've read about it that seems to be better is that everyone says the recoil is slightly less than the Hellcat. For me, the Hellcat is very pleasant to shoot. I don't find it snappy at all.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    How is the trigger on the Hellcat? Considering getting a Hellcat or a Sig P365.

Personally, I like the Hellcat trigger. The Sig trigger feels mushy to me. The Hellcat has a very firm wall after takeup, which I like. Mine has more creep than I'd prefer, but that's a fairly small problem. I'm not doing bullseye shooting with it anyway. I shot another sub 3" group at 25 yards today. I don't need any more than that for this gun's purpose.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Anything you don’t like about it? Seems like a great pistol but haven’t had the chance to shoot one yet.

The only thing I've found not to like is a bit too much trigger creep. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad or anything. I'm just spoiled - I have several CZs that I did the trigger work on that will bring tears to your eyes, and a Sphinx Subcompact with a stock trigger that I'd put against a custom 1911 trigger job. With all the other benefits, that doesn't amount to much. I thought before I bought it that I'd need to stipple it more aggressively, but that was when I'd only held one in the store. After I shot it and reminded myself to grip tightly, I realized their voodoo stipple magic actually works. You just have to grip tight, which you should do anyway.

kmish105

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2019
    laporte
    thats awesome. i know theyre both great guns but that is pretty impressive to have 14 round capacity out of the box. i think youve probably changed my mind then. looks like im in the market for a hellcat now haha

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have been interested in these pistols since they were released. However, I already did the Glock 43 to Glock 48 thing. Also did the P365 to P365XL thing. I prefer the longer slide.

Wondering how long I have to wait for a SA Hellcat LS (long slide) in order to avoid the Gen 1 thing again.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have been interested in these pistols since they were released. However, I already did the Glock 43 to Glock 48 thing. Also did the P365 to P365XL thing. I prefer the longer slide.

Wondering how long I have to wait for a SA Hellcat LS (long slide) in order to avoid the Gen 1 thing again.

If I were going with the iron sights only version, I'd have gotten the p365XL. But with an optic, sight radius doesn't matter, so I opted for a couple less ounces.

TacOpsGuy320

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Greenfield
    Got my Hellcat a week ago. Put a Shield RMSc on it yesterday. Took it to the range, ran the target out to 25 yards, shot a 6 shot group. 2.75". Five of the shots were in 2". I'm pleased.

Thats really good shooting. Thatd be good with a full size handgun. That Hellcat is a good handgun.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Thats really good shooting. Thatd be good with a full size handgun. That Hellcat is a good handgun.

It's the optic, really. I've gotten smaller groups with my Volquartson .22 with a red dot, and gotten 4" groups with my CZ SP01 Shadow with iron sights - my limitations. It's the red dot that makes the difference for my old eyes. Nice to know that the Hellcat has the capability, though.

Jozenbau

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Wabash
    I’ve also considered getting the hellcat. I noticed y’all comparing p365 to it. How does it compare to p938? If ya know, thanks.

Top Bottom