• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I have a MK3 22/45 and it functions well with full power and bulk for the most part. But I am planning to use as a suppressor host eventually and it will not cycle subsonic ammo.

Are there reduced power recoil springs to make this happen?

Will a can increase the backpressure for simple blowback and make it run subsonics well?

Took it out back with a box of CCI Quiet and CCI subsonic. Neither would cycle. I don't mind single shot, but a lot of them would clear the chamber and stovepipe or jam on the left side. Aguila Colibri works well as single shot, but it seems the "usable" subsonic ammo is just a hair too weak to cycle but too strong to stay in the chamber. I'd imagine a reduced power recoil spring would clear that up but this is the first time I've really played with one of these.

Do Federal bulk packs even get supersonic from a 4" barrel? Maybe I'm overthinking this entirely...

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I feed suppressed 22 pistols any old ammo, it’s not AS quiet as something like Winchester subsonic or cci standard velocity, but it stays subsonic typically.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    FYI - CCI Quiet will not cycle any semi-auto I've seen. They are Basically like using a suppressor without one.

CCI Standard velocity is my favorite. Runs well in my rifles and handguns, suppressed or not.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    CCI Suppressor is my go to for this. 970fps has been the magic velocity for my semi-auto 22s. The CCI Quiets are 710fps and won’t run in any semi-auto I’ve tried.

While most standard velocities will be subsonic from the shorter barrel, I find the CCI Suppressors are still quieter to my ear than SV.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/1086 for the MK pistols

https://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Guide-Rod-Spring-Kit_p_30.html for the 10/22 (And I presume the Charger)

And yes, for pistols (maybe even chargers) - almost everything will stay subsonic regardless of ammo.

And even CB shorts out of a 22/45 are surprisingly loud when attempting super sneaky ground squirrel pest control - but still way more quiet than a standard .22LR

Something else to keep in mind when running subs: If you're gonna use those big 60gr subs, you should probably not use a suppressor. That is, of course, unless you KNOW your barrel's twist rate and KNOW it'll stabilize. A lot of suppressor manufacturers warn against using those loads through their cans.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom